Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Police Want To Trace

Red Yaris 54

North Yorkshire Police want to speak to witnesses, particularly the occupants of a gold Toyota Yaris Verso which stopped at the scene of a fatal accident. last Monday

Full story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_y...ire/6252582.stm

If it was anyone on here please contact the police :thumbsup:

A three-year-old girl was killed and her sister critically injured when a car driven by their nanny
The nanny, 21-year-old Slovakian Zuzana Bubenikova crashed in North Yorkshire

Tragic news about the crash..

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

I wouldn’t allow my children to go into a car with anyone aged 21 or under whom is a foreign national (or not) with no experience or training to UK driving standards.

It was a tragic case which I believe could have been prevented by the parents being more vigilant. I’m sure the facts of the case will come out at the subsequent inquest to validate my suspicions and I will be following this case up

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell - Harry S Truman

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

This was obviously a tragedy that could never have been prevented... regardless of the nanny's home country or driving status. It does not say who was at fault, but you can be in an accident regardless of fault or ability.

You can make your comments TVOR however you are presuming the nanny was at fault for those above stated reasons - and we just don't know what the facts are or who was to blame.

At the end of the day, innocent people lost their lives including a small child and nothing that's said or done now will ever bring them back.

• 2 years later...
This was obviously a tragedy that could never have been prevented... regardless of the nanny's home country or driving status. It does not say who was at fault, but you can be in an accident regardless of fault or ability.

You can make your comments TVOR however you are presuming the nanny was at fault for those above stated reasons - and we just don't know what the facts are or who was to blame.

A SLOVAKIAN nanny may have been looking the wrong way when she drove into the path of a lorry - killing herself and a three-year-old girl, an inquest heard.

Coroner Michael Oakley has also called for safety improvements at the junction where Jemima Turton and her 21-yearold nanny Zuzana Bubenikova died. The inquest was told that Miss Bubenikova was driving Jemima Turton and her older sister, India, home from a trip to the library in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. She pulled out from the B1448 and hit the lorry as she tried to cross a dual carriageway section of the A168 near South Kilvington.

Accident investigators believe she may have momentarily forgotten she was on a British road and looked left, instead of right, at the junction.

Their Volkswagen Passat was struck by the Foden lorry and then clipped by a Suzuki, which was overtaking the truck at the time.

Miss Bubenikova died at the scene and Jemima died from her injuries two days later in hospital. India was critically injured, but survived. PC Graham McCulloch, a traffic investigator for North Yorkshire Police, described it as an "unsurvivable accident". "I do not use the phrase lightly, but how India survived is miraculous," he said.

Both girls were in approved child seats and Miss Bubenikova was wearing her seatbelt. The Slovakian national had been in the country for two months and the children's parents had insisted on her taking driving lessons.

"The county council is also leading on work to raise awareness across the county's immigrant population of the importance of road safety."

Click

Reading about such cases is always unpleasant but somehow it is worse when children are involved.... I attended a fair few in the past and I never ever got used to it :(

I hope the people in the Yaris are traced :huh:

Maybe they already have been, As the original post was in 2007. :P

The powers of observation on TOC, mine included, never cease to amaze me :lol:

Well I'm assuming the post by TVOR was an update on the situation? As he himself posted about it 2 years ago.

That or he's getting very forgetful in his old age. ;)

Well I'm assuming the post by TVOR was an update on the situation? As he himself posted about it 2 years ago.

That or he's getting very forgetful in his old age. ;)

Indeed :rolleyes: ............................There was not much point in dragging up what was a tragic occurance, and a two year old newspaper report.

RIP all concerned.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links