Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From Wanli Tyres - For Darvd!

johnbaker

Hi darvd - some time ago you posted re: the noise that suddenly appeared when you fitted your new 18" alloys with Wanli S1088 tyres. "New 18" alloys..." I've been trying to PM you and contact you via that thread but I suspect you're not following it anymore.

If you see this, I'd be VERY grateful for your comments. I bought an MX-5 with Wanli S1088 tyres (205/45) on 16" wheels. I have a noise that's very much like a wheel bearing noise, starting at 20mph, peaking at 42mph and again at 50mph and being masked by other general noises at 60mph. Unlike a wheel bearing, it doesn't vary with turning left or right, or vary with accelerating or braking. It's been to my local garage three times and on one visit the OSF wheel bearing was changed to no avail.

It's a "woowoowoo" almost melodic, pulsating noise. Is this similar to your noise? I've really no option left other than to change the tyres but it's a heck of an expense if the noise isn't tyres.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to e-mail direct to john.535baker@btinternet.com

Maybe another club member can help... if there is anyone near you you could swap wheels and do a test drive??

Maybe another club member can help... if there is anyone near you you could swap wheels and do a test drive??

Hi cfc 1 - I've been hoping to be able to do that for some time but MX-5s are a bit thin on the gorund around here! Thanks for the reply.