Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Plz Help Me (about 3s-ge Engine 94' In St202)

ANTILAG

Hi i'm Mark from Thailand,Now i've a problem with my 3S GE 94'

At first, My engine can run to 7500 RPM for highest but in present it's down from 7500 to 7000 RPM then it's down again to 6800, 6500 and 6200 RPM , Finally today it's down to 6000-5900 RPM.

It's seem like The ECU order it to stop running.

Has anybody know about this problem?

How can i fix this?

thx for reply.

Try resetting the ECU - search the forums for how to do it in detail (brief explanation is remove EFI fuse, pump brake pedal, replace fuse)

Now im presuming that 7.5k rpm is well over the redline!

If you are abusing the engine like that it doesnt supprise me that it aint free revving as normal.

When was the last time you did an oil change?

Stock limiter is 7250? :!Removed!:

Yeah sounds like it needs a serious oil change or its done over 100,000 miles.

Get it serviced asap and reset the ecu. If its still doing that after then its probabaly the sparks that need changing.

Hopefully that will all fix it or else its gonna cost a lot more money to fix :(

At the first time ,The ECU stop it at 7500 RPM.

For every original engines (3S GE 94') they all can run to 7500 RPM.

And in Thailand now,This engine (in some case)can run to 7800 RPM for hightest.

Now i'm tring to find out this problem so i just wanna know the idea to fix this problem from another places

PS. The Car Racing is very popular in Thailand now, then it's not be surprise that the engine can run to 7500RPM .That very simple. Some as Honda can run to 10,000 -11,000 RPM

Thx for reply.

Now i'm tring to find out this problem so i just wanna know the idea to fix this problem from another places

Thx for reply.

You've been given lots of suggestions,

reset ECU,

Oil Change,

Spark Plugs

Have you tried them yet?? :rolleyes:

Thx for reply.

You've been given lots of suggestions,

reset ECU,

Oil Change,

Spark Plugs

Have you tried them yet?? :rolleyes:

i already reseted ECU and Oil Changed.

so ,What is "Spark Plugs"?

Iridum-spark-plugs.jpg

Iridum-spark-plugs.jpg

Oh ok i c, i already changed it too.now, I use SARD Iridium spark plugs.

I already all done. It's still the same. In Thailand, There's many same problems but there 's nobody can fix this

Is there anybody know another way to fix this?

Thx for reply. :thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo:

post-42036-1183579958_thumb.jpg

It's a long shot, but have you tried changing the fuel and air filters? If they're partially clogged then these will restrict your engine from picking up rev's.

Do you have any issues with petrol quality in Thailand? Rubish fuel might be hindering your engines performance.

If your engine was able to rev over the standard rev limit of 7250rpm, it would suggest your engine/ECU are not standard. Rev limits are there for a reason; to prevent damage! Honda's VTEC engines are designed to withstand higher stresses from higher revs, hence a higher rev limit than your 3S-GE. Whatever modifications there might be on yours could be the cause of the problem. Do you have an aftermarket ECU?

It's a long shot, but have you tried changing the fuel and air filters? If they're partially clogged then these will restrict your engine from picking up rev's.

Do you have any issues with petrol quality in Thailand? Rubish fuel might be hindering your engines performance.

If your engine was able to rev over the standard rev limit of 7250rpm, it would suggest your engine/ECU are not standard. Rev limits are there for a reason; to prevent damage! Honda's VTEC engines are designed to withstand higher stresses from higher revs, hence a higher rev limit than your 3S-GE. Whatever modifications there might be on yours could be the cause of the problem. Do you have an aftermarket ECU?

Thx to 'El Saundo' that reply to me. :thumbsup: But all of my engine's parts are standard.

In my opinion i think there's something in my engine is declined but i dont know what it is.

In part of the petrol quality in Thailand, i think it's possible that it's low quality than petrol from another country but it might not concern with Rev. :blink::blink:

Thx to reply :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

my moneys on the fuel filter

at the start when you could go to 7500rpm the fuel filter would have been clean letting the fuel flow freely all across the rev range, now if its gradually got clogged then its not going to have the same flow rate, resulting in it not letting enough petrol through at high revs when the need for fuel is at its highest..

Hummmm i think its very unlikely to be the fuel filter. The stock filter is bigger than it needs to be and would need to be over 200,000 miles old to noticeably restrict fuel enough to cause performance loss in my opinion.

Try injector cleaner next and change the gearbox oil as the oil could be old enough to cause excessive friction.

How long ago did this lack of performance happen? Were the sparks changed before or after this started happening?

By the way, how exactly did you reset the ecu?