Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

chatman

Just lettin surahman know how my Rav is doin as my advise was asked for... I like to help when I can....

Only questioned if a diesel would have been better considering the low milage....I had been told that diesel on longhauls is better however on short distances there isn't much in it between a petrol or diesel engine...so I could not justify the cost of a diesel...thats all.

Furhter more I'm happy with my XT4 petrol...for now!! (would like the stereo with satnav like the one in the T180 tho...)

rgds

Rob

:afro: - still need a hair cut...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• Fujisan

• bothwell_buyer

• chatman

Rob

Never done haircuts but how hard can it be?

:afro: ------------> :fireman2: anchorbarber -------------> :)

Nip up here, I'll sort it!

Rob

Never done haircuts but how hard can it be?

:afro: ------------> :fireman2: anchorbarber -------------> :)

Nip up here, I'll sort it!

Thanks for the offer Anchorman...

Although I kinda like the end reuslt....I dont like the looks of the method of getting it cut like that....So think I might pass on that one..I'd hate to end up looking like this :saddam: .

It will be sorted out tomorrow after we've had a look at our :baby: (got a scan in the morning...) :afro:

Talking about T180 MPG, I never get much above 35MPG, I,ve been out today and it,s doing 33.4 MPG according to my on board computer.

Clare

Talking about T180 MPG, I never get much above 35MPG, I,ve been out today and it,s doing 33.4 MPG according to my on board computer.

Clare

You're lucky....

my computer says "no"!!!

Clare

I rarely get above mid 30's with 4.2, must be the type of trips I am doing. As for petrol versions, its all relative.

Been trawling around the net looking at prices of 4.3's. Up to 18 months old, with 10-15K on the clock. I found a

petrol XT 4 for £3K less than similar diesel XT 4. Over ownership of say 2-3 years would you use an extra £3K more

on your average fuel bill ? Dont think I would, If the auto had similar consumption to the manual it would be worth

considering for me as I fancy an auto box.

Like I said, the lower fuel consumption is a bonus - I find diesels far better to drive than petrol (in the types of car I tend to be driving). My wife also wouldn't have a petrol car - when we were looking for a new car for her a year ago, apart from wanting a small runabout, it had to be diesel - didn't matter what else was on offer, a petrol engine was a definite no (and when the missus says "no"...).

[in fact, I wasn't even going to look at the Rav4 originally as the CRV (2006 model) was top of my list - however, Honda don't do a small diesel (the Jazz is petrol only) so we went to the Toyota dealer to look at the Yaris; since we were there getting a Yaris test drive, I tried the Rav4 out of interest. Ended up with a good deal buying both cars together.]

I'd the Renault Trafic diesel - started first time and stopped cars behind from following too closely due to the smog. Trundled along happily like all good diesels, and could get up to 70mph on gentle downward slopes. So mechanically robust, I didn't bother using the clutch; the heater didn't work properly; the wipers made more noise than the engine; and that was the last diesel I bought.

Proud owner of 2 petrol generators and secretly a diesel generator too. The days of electrical power cuts are just around the corner - warning for Prius owners.

The more of you who buy diesels will help me drive down the price of petrol as it no longer is a scarce resource......everyone else is spending their time filtering corn oil..... :D :D