Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Tuning 2.2-dcat

Sinttruijen

I would suggest that is probably more to do with the way the chip is mapped. I can have our chips matchced to suit your style of driving, however lots of power under 2K RPM might make for uncomfortable "Normal" driving.

KIngo :thumbsup:

Good service KIngo,

That kind of attention make a lot of difference between the suppliers and customers are looking for.

Your advice not to look too much for power under 2k I can agree with.

Greetz,

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guyz,

and here are the results of the first testrun of my p-tronic chipped T180 with twin TMS exchaust system.

first, a small vid of the run made with a phone camera ( many thanks to the Dutch Corolla club member who made the vid :thumbsup: )

And second, the dyno result of whp. Nm was not possible for diesel on this dyno setup.

post-40532-1192476180_thumb.jpg

without activated chip, the T180 gave 154 whp.

With the chip activated, the T180 gave 170whp.

So, overall not bad. :yes:

But the run gave me also a bonus.

Above the 4.200 rpm, the Horsepower dropped quickly. The amount of diesel injected didn't make any difference.

So our first (quick) conclusion is that there is not enough air available & still 1.000 rpm's left to take advantage from.

so, can anyone tell me if there is a air restrictor mounted in the turbo or airhose or intercooler with might..... influence the amount of air avalable above 4.200 rpm's?

In some cases , car producers use a air restrictor to lower the soundlevels produced by the airintakes of turbo's etc..

If this is not the case, then the capacity of the current turbo is not enough and i might be forced to give the dubble turbo some extra attention :help:

but hopefully this is not neccesary :P

hope my info his helpfull for you guyz & hopefully are you able to help me further :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Thanks v much for posting the results! :)

But aren't you a little worried? 154bhp isn't anywhere near the advertised 177bhp? Even with the chip you aren't getting that. Or am i getting this all wrong?

Edit

My apologies you did actually put whp i just mis-read it its late!

So thats actually pretty good! It you use the maximum of 10% less than the advertised 177 then you are getting a very healthy 172bhp ®; and effectively 200bhp with the chip.

Thats nice!

But aren't you a little worried? 154bhp isn't anywhere near the advertised 177bhp? Even with the chip you aren't getting that. Or am i getting this all wrong?

Edit

So thats actually pretty good! It you use the maximum of 10% less than the advertised 177 then you are getting a very healthy 172bhp ®; and effectively 200bhp with the chip.

Thats nice!

I think.... that the advertised 10% more is above the 4.200 rpm. but because there is not (yet :rolleyes: ) enough capacity of the turbo available . this will improve when i can find the (hopefully) the air-restrictor in the intake.

Just to make sure on the matter, I will give tomorrow P-tronics a call just to make sure :P

Edit

Thats nice!

I think.... that the advertised 10% more is above the 4.200 rpm. but because there is not (yet :rolleyes: ) enough capacity of the turbo available . this will improve when i can find the (hopefully) the air-restrictor in the intake.

Just to make sure on the matter, I will give tomorrow P-tronics a call just to make sure :P

I have a ProMotech CR5 powermodule that announce that it will boost the engine output to 212hp & 450Nm and I am getting 155hp to the wheels without the box, and 183hp with box plugged in.

My topspeed is without the box 211Km/h and with the box i get 228km/h, tested with my GPS (tested on same road back and forth) with appx 20 min between runs.

My conclusion is that the box is maxed out at the standard setup, so i tried to find what the limitation is and...

I am pretty sure that the Exhaust starting with the Cat and a about an Inch after the connection after the Cat is where you are limited, So I am going to build an new 2,5" exhaust all the way from the turbo and then try to tweak the box some more.

First I will look in to the intake side and make an adapter on the turbo inlet to mount a RC-4690 Round Tapered K&N Filter.

PS

Does anyone know if any company/mft is making strut braces for the Auris?

PS

Does anyone know if any company/mft is making strut braces for the Auris?

There are no shipping ready models available for the Auris yet.

I have my brace strut custom made by a specalist Yap tuning parts compagny close by me.

Cause of the design of the Auris, it needed a lot of thinking to work out a good model :censor: which would fit into a auris and still work :thumbsup:

Total Car Concept

I konw they are familair with shipping.

Maybe they will ship one for you. Just give them a call or a E-mail.

Cause there not many Auris owners tuning there car, they know me :lol: & if neccesary they can use my car ( on a saturday) as model to produce one for you.

Hope it helps.

Greetz,

Hope this helps

Hello all.

Just changed my Yaris TS to Auris 1.4D and I'm very happy with my new car.

It performs quite well but would like to get bit more out of it.

Have anyone heard anything about this tuning box?

http://www.speedkit.de/en/

Would it be a safe buy and most of all any useful?

Cheers, Joakim

Hello all.

Just changed my Yaris TS to Auris 1.4D and I'm very happy with my new car.

It performs quite well but would like to get bit more out of it.

Have anyone heard anything about this tuning box?

http://www.speedkit.de/en/

Would it be a safe buy and most of all any useful?

Cheers, Joakim

Wow, the speedkit sounds promising. Im interested to know if the kit is really undetectable once removed. Anyone willing to comment on that ?

Well I sent email to this guy and he didn't answer also sent order no reply for 2 days.... Lets see.

And also paying only by money transfer no PayPal or others.

I'll have to do some further investigation.

- Joakim

Buy one off us, we will at least answer your email :D

And you cant detect them if removed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Buy one off us, we will at least answer your email :D

LOL, that;s the additive I like from a dealer. :thumbsup:

Pity you are not stationed nearby :crybaby: , i would put my Yaris & Auris into service by you just for giving response to questions of your customers :toast:

And you cant detect them if removed

doens't your powerbox need a connection to the throttle wiring, so you still can detect alternate situation after removing the powerbox ?

Greetz,

No throttle wiring on ours, power and earth lead, plug the wiring loom on to the injectors, strap the "Chip kit box" to a suitable mounting point and fire it up, away you go. We are even here to answer emails after you bought it too! lol Register as a member of our website and get a TOC member discount. Hope you don't mind the blatent use of an opportunity to sell our kits!

Hello Sir.

Would you kindly tell us how much is the price and do you ship to Finland? How much is shipping fee?

Thank you.

- Joakim

EDIT (Found it):

TMC Power Boost Chip Kits. We have been supplying TMC Power Boost Chip Kits for some time now. The kit is easy to fit (You do require some mechanical knowledge) and will transform your D4D Diesel engine. The kit boosts power by a minimum of 20%, which is most noticable in the mid to top end range. Torque is increased and the feeling of increased power is noticable straight away. The kits are NOT a Toyota genuine accessory, but are manufactured in Germany to TUV standards, and come complete with a 2 year limited parts warranty. We have a kit for ALL D4D Toyota Diesel Engines. Yaris, Corolla, Auris, Avensis, Hilux and Landcruiser. Don't forget, we can chip other makes too, Ford, Vauxhall, VW, Nissan Peugeot etc. Click here and tell us your make/model, we will get back to you with a price. The full kit including wiring loom and power boost chip box for any Toyota D4D is £395

No throttle wiring on ours, power and earth lead, plug the wiring loom on to the injectors, strap the "Chip kit box" to a suitable mounting point and fire it up, away you go. We are even here to answer emails after you bought it too! lol Register as a member of our website and get a TOC member discount. Hope you don't mind the blatent use of an opportunity to sell our kits!

• 2 weeks later...

Parts-King,

What's the problem with you not being able to supply for the T180 at the moment?

I'm going to want one pretty soon......

Cablechap

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guyz,

and here are the results of the first testrun of my p-tronic chipped T180 with twin TMS exchaust system.

first, a small vid of the run made with a phone camera ( many thanks to the Dutch Corolla club member who made the vid :thumbsup: )

And second, the dyno result of whp. Nm was not possible for diesel on this dyno setup.

post-40532-1192476180_thumb.jpg

without activated chip, the T180 gave 154 whp.

With the chip activated, the T180 gave 170whp.

So, overall not bad. :yes:

But the run gave me also a bonus.

Above the 4.200 rpm, the Horsepower dropped quickly. The amount of diesel injected didn't make any difference.

So our first (quick) conclusion is that there is not enough air available & still 1.000 rpm's left to take advantage from.

so, can anyone tell me if there is a air restrictor mounted in the turbo or airhose or intercooler with might..... influence the amount of air avalable above 4.200 rpm's?

In some cases , car producers use a air restrictor to lower the soundlevels produced by the airintakes of turbo's etc..

If this is not the case, then the capacity of the current turbo is not enough and i might be forced to give the dubble turbo some extra attention :help:

but hopefully this is not neccesary :P

hope my info his helpfull for you guyz & hopefully are you able to help me further :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Have you looked at the TRC 2.2l D-Cat Sport Luftfilter?

They promise the following:

"TRC 57i High Performance Luftfilter für den Neuen Auris D-Cat. Durch Verwendung des Filters nimmt die Motorleistung um ca. 10-12 PS zu. Der Leistungszuwachs ist bei 1500RPM, bereits 500RPM früher zu spüren. Der Filter wird ohne TÜV-Gutachten geliefert. Reiner Motorsport-Artikel! Alle Filter sind Waschbar!"

I do not know the german language well so....

http://www.trc-tuning.com/_products/_toyot...uris_engine.htm

• 3 weeks later...
is it only diesel engines that can be chipped?.... iv got Auris 1.4 T3 its feeling abit nippier since iv hit a 1000 odd miles now but i want to add more HP also... anyone know if petrol can be chipped?...

wimmer rst has chip tune for 1.4 d-4d ;)

it gives +22hp, +60nm.

I have a Auris 1.4 D4D, and i bought a speedkit, it increased the power to 112hp, decreased the fuel consuption about 1 liter/100km.

I very satisfied with it, i can feel the boost.

Check: http://www.speedkit.de, it's available for all common-rail engines.

The price is 149€+delivery.

Delivery in 3 days at any place in the globe.

I have a Auris 1.4 D4D, and i bought a speedkit, it increased the power to 112hp, decreased the fuel consuption about 1 liter/100km.

I very satisfied with it, i can feel the boost.

Check: http://www.speedkit.de, it's available for all common-rail engines.

The price is 149€+delivery.

Delivery in 3 days at any place in the globe.

Hey, .pt too. :)

Maybe I'm probably just uninformed about modern car technology (and cars in general ahah) since I've been riding the same 15-year-old Peugeot 106 for so long... but when I hear about those chips it always sounds strange.

Now let's see.. you bought a 149€ kit that retuned the cars firmware (?) to boost another 22hp (+20%) and yet, fuel consumption was reduced. So what's the catch? Why doesn't Toyota simply tune their engines that way from factory?

Does that tweaking reduce the engine's reliability and lifetime perhaps? Or increase emissions or noise?

Also, modern cars probably log some metrics... wont' they be able to tell that the car has been running "optimized", voiding the warranty?

I'm curious since I'll probably be buying a 1.4 D4D 90hp powered Toyota Auris soon... more power and less fuel sounds good. :P

• 1 month later...

Just been reading about the BMW 123D M Sport. It's got a 2.0 twin turbo engine outputting 201 bhp at 4400 rpm and 295 torques at 2000 rpm and weighs in at 1495 kg.

Just wondering how a chipped SR/T180 would compare with that having 210 bhp and around 350 ft and weighing in at 1430 (3 door) 1450 (5 door). Not sure how much difference the twin turbo and gearing makes but this thing is hitting 60 in 6.7 and 100 in 18 (quicker than a Corolla T-Sport). I'd be chuffed if mine could do that...

Here's the link http://www.autocarmag.com/CarReviews/RoadT...M-Sport/229175/

I imagine the BMW engine benefits more from the twin turbo as its getting the air it needs to generate the power across the rev range.

Still there is no chip available to buy for the T180 engine. I'm still waiting....

Still waiting I'm afraid.........................No news yet

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from an increase of 0.2 in engine capacity does the T180 have a bigger turbo over the 2.0 version? I am trying to assess how much the 2.0 version can be chipped/re-maped safely because the power difference between the two models is dramatic at 30%. The 2.0 version is around 10-15% less powerful than Fabia, Focus, Audi, Renault equivalents usually running 1.9TD engines (I would have opted for any of the others cars had they been Japanese's).

Apart from an increase of 0.2 in engine capacity does the T180 have a bigger turbo over the 2.0 version? I am trying to assess how much the 2.0 version can be chipped/re-maped safely because the power difference between the two models is dramatic at 30%. The 2.0 version is around 10-15% less powerful than Fabia, Focus, Audi, Renault equivalents usually running 1.9TD engines (I would have opted for any of the others cars had they been Japanese's).

I hope I am not wrong here and giving missinformation but I believe there is a different turbo fitted to the engines.

The T180 is equipped with a turbo charger which has Variable Inlet Guide Vanes. This is supposed to reduce turbo lag and give increase performance whereas the lesser engines have the more normal fixed versions.

I'm sure if this is wrong I give be quickly corrected.