Do Not Sell My Personal Information

98 Corolla Alarm/immobiliser

BarneyTT

I have just bought a 1998 1.3 GS Corolla for my sons first car, not having the car in my ownership yet and needing to insure it could anyone tell me if the car came with an alarm/immobiliser as standard?

yep i believe all the 97-02 corolla's came with an alarm, immobiliser and remote central locking as standard :thumbsup:

Sorry to have to disagree.

My Corolla was bought new and only came with immobiliser as standard. Alarm was an optional extra.

Sorry to have to disagree.

My Corolla was bought new and only came with immobiliser as standard. Alarm was an optional extra.

really? oh well maybe it was an optional extra throughout the range, just most ae111 i see have the standard remote central locking tkey fob, its two buttons stacked one above the other.

Have to agree with 4afte as i have had several 1.3 Corolla's from 97-99reg and they all had remote c/locking as standard....

I've just found my receipt - alarm was an extra £378 +VAT did I really pay that much :lol:

I've also found the brochure too - Alarm was standard on GS, CD and G6 models but was an optional extra on the Sportif and SR models - that's for the 1998 3 door models anyway.

ah really that much? blimey! that'll be why mine has this clifford G4 aftermarket setup then :blink:

yea my 98 1.3 corolla only came with an factory immobiliser! have a scorpio aftermarket alarm fitted, and through that i have now got remote central locking!

Hi there,

If it helps any the wife's standard 1.6 GS 97 Corolla has both Alarm and Immobiliser, It has a flashing red light by the hand brake when locked. You can test it as the remote locking doesn't cover the rear hatch back door so alarm it and wait 30 seconds and open it with the key. :)

I also notice it has Toyo alarm stickers the same as my Avensis

Cheers

• 4 months later...

Appologies for belated thanks, really appreciate your help.