Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Windows Cut-off Switch

tosullivan

there are a few electrical setups on the Verso that annoy me.....the power adaptor not having power with the key removed being one.

However, the fact that when you press the electric window lock out switch, that it stops operation on all 4 windows, when it should really leave control to the drivers window.

As soon as I drop the window and the kids in the back see it, they are pressing their window buttons up & down.

One day I'm gonna take off that cover where the driver buttons are and see if I can bypass this...anyone done it themselves?

drivers button still works on mine

wonder is it on the Irish cars then?

must consult the manual and see if its a problem

The electric window locks should only lock out the passengers windows. The drivers window will still work as it should.

I dont see why the irish ones will be different as they are probably still made in the same place as the british ones. Looks like a prob with yours, get it back to the dealer if its still under warranty and get them to sort it out.

Mart

slight lack of communication between myself & the wife.. :ffs: ..driver door window does work with lock-out button pressed, but she is wanting the front passenger window also to work as if I'm driving and I have the lockout button pressed she is constantly asking me to take the lock off :help:

Righto. I see what you mean now. Thats how it is supposed to be.. cant help sorry :)

Mart

• 2 weeks later...
:crybaby: On mine ony the drivers window can be worke from the drives door. I would expect to have control of all windows from the drivers door. It did on my previous Skoda. Bit poor really. Like lots of the eletctrics not fully though out. Why do I need keys in to get radio. Skoda gives you 1 hour with no keys then you can start again. Radio goes off when the stop button is pressed. Skoda leaves it on until the kays are taken out. Simple things like this let own an otherwise nice car.

:crybaby: On mine ony the drivers window can be worke from the drives door. I would expect to have control of all windows from the drivers door. It did on my previous Skoda. Bit poor really. Like lots of the eletctrics not fully though out. Why do I need keys in to get radio. Skoda gives you 1 hour with no keys then you can start again. Radio goes off when the stop button is pressed. Skoda leaves it on until the kays are taken out. Simple things like this let own an otherwise nice car.

Really?

On mine I have 4 switches on dirvers door one for each window.

• 1 year later...

Really?

On mine I have 4 switches on dirvers door one for each window.

I have the same issue with the window lochk on my Avensis. Interestingly on a Mitsibushi that I have recently dirven, the handbook states that the delaer can reprogramme the operation of the switch. I think I'll give the Toyota dealer a call.

I have the same issue with the window lochk on my Avensis. Interestingly on a Mitsibushi that I have recently dirven, the handbook states that the delaer can reprogramme the operation of the switch. I think I'll give the Toyota dealer a call.

Let us know how you get on, as this is one of my niggles with the car.

I would also like the car to auto lock once you reach a certain speed (6 mph) but I don't think this is possible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links