Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry 2002 - Vibrations

Lewey16

I have a 2002 Camry that has this annoying vibration when it hits highs speeds (in excess of 60mph). This is particularly noticeable on motorway driving where the speed can sometimes go in excess of 70. I've checked the usual suspects of tyres - they're new and balanced - pressure also checked and OK. The vibration isn't just in the wheel - it's throughout the car and before I run off to a main dealer garage I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue or could point me in the right direction? I got the shocks checked before the MOT and all was weel there and it passed the MOT no problem. Are there any other suspension or steering issues that should be looked at?

Hi there, Sounds like the tracking might need adjusting. Might need full four wheel alignment. Have you hit any kerbs lately or has the car been in an accident? Graham(Bournemouth UK)

I would say tracking, although it's usually only bad enough to shake the whole car if it's been 'shocked' like driving at speed into a kerb. Other than that it could be badly warped brake discs causing vibrations.

I would say tracking, although it's usually only bad enough to shake the whole car if it's been 'shocked' like driving at speed into a kerb. Other than that it could be badly warped brake discs causing vibrations.

It's interesting that you mentioned brake discs, because I had to get new front discs (and pads) last December - because the old ones were warped. Definitely didn't hit any kerbs at speed so can rule that one out. I had a 07 Camry before this one and generally is was much more comfortable albeit more 'boaty'. This Camry is more sensitive to bumps - they must have tightened the suspension or somehting as well. Thanks for the info.

Hi there, Sounds like the tracking might need adjusting. Might need full four wheel alignment. Have you hit any kerbs lately or has the car been in an accident? Graham(Bournemouth UK)

Hi Graham. Thanks for the reply. Fortunately no kerbs hit recently or accidents but thanks for the heads-up on the tracking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links