Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp3's

doobs

I know that the audio unit is capable of playing mp3 files, but does that mean that the only way you can get the unit to display song title/artist (if that is possible) is to use an external mp3 player/ipod ? if so, is the official integration kit the only way of linking am mp3 player to the unit

I think you have to burn the MP3 files to a CD. (Data CA, not audio CD).

Edit:

Just tested, works great. MP3's burned to a regular CD, data CD mode.

All i did was i took an audio CD and burnt song files onto the CD

had the text from the song/artist/album

as well as mp3's it can play wma's which is windows media players own version of mp3 but the files are smaller but no loss of quality. ive got a cd (650mb cd-rw) in mine with both on and it and its got about 160 tracks on it and it displays the info on the screen from the file name. much better than messing around with auto changers.

I have downloaded mp3's on to a audio cdr and a normal/non audio cdr and although both play ok, I do not get any title/track/artist info on either. If i press the text button all i get on is "no title" on the first press and it say "disc" at top of display and then "no title" again on second press of text and top of display then says "tr" - track i assume. When mp3's are burnt on to a cd don't they change to .cda files or similar or am I getting confused? How do I tell if the burnt files are mp3's and if they are what am I doing wrong? If i don't press text, just shows track number and time played as normal.

Advise appreciated!!!

I have downloaded mp3's on to a audio cdr and a normal/non audio cdr and although both play ok, I do not get any title/track/artist info on either. If i press the text button all i get on is "no title" on the first press and it say "disc" at top of display and then "no title" again on second press of text and top of display then says "tr" - track i assume. When mp3's are burnt on to a cd don't they change to .cda files or similar or am I getting confused? How do I tell if the burnt files are mp3's and if they are what am I doing wrong? If i don't press text, just shows track number and time played as normal.

Advise appreciated!!!

sounds like your burning your cd's as audio cd's instead of data cd's put your disk back into your computer open the disk and see if they are mp3's.

to burn a data disk, if your using windows xp you just need to copy and paste the files you want into the "cdr Drive" in "my computer" then press burn these files to disk

better explanation here: http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/66

Yes - burnt cd as "data cd" using media player 10 and apart from the odd id3 tag issue (lack of in media player playlist) it works - thanks