Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio, Clock, And Dash Lights Won't Work

DevinLee

I have a 2002 Corolla S and recently the radio, dash lights, cigarette lighter, dome light and clock all went out. I replaced a 15a fuse that was blown and checked all other fuses and now the dome light works but everything else is still out. I don't know much about the larger square fuses so I can't tell if any of them are out and don't even know if I should worry about them. Can anybody help me?

• 3 months later...

the bigger fuses as far as i know are like the fuses in your house....when they trip after a set period of time they flip back. its the smaller ones you need to look at.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Recently i installed a kenwood cd player in my 1992 Toyota Camry. When i fired up the car for the first time after i hooked the deck up, i noticed my dash board lights was out. I think ive checked all fuses, not sure if i burned out the dimmer switch or not. I've tired hooking the original tape player and still the dasj lights remain out. All other lights on the car is working properlly. If you have any ideas as too what could be cause the problem.. plz help me out...would be greatly appreciated. :help:

hi

just test the wire or connector that connect to the dimmer switch see if there is any power going in the dimmer switch

if it has then the chances are you dimmer switch is gone

if there isn't then is gonna be hardwork you need to trace the wire and see where you lost the power it could possibly be a burn wire

easyest way to do this get yourself a multi tester

A few years ago I had installed a new stereo in an AE82 hatch and while driving down a highway at night I hit a dip and the dash lights went out. I wasn't too worried at that moment until other drivers signalled that my tail lights were out (was night, brake lights were ok). I changed the fuse, it blew. Changed it again, same thing. Waited until light to drive home. The dash lights were on the same circuit as the tail lights - possibly a safety thing so you notice it?

Auto electrician diagnosed fault as a wire (couldn't say exactly which one myself) which had been pinched by the newer and slightly deeper stereo. The bump in the road must have jiggled the stereo enough to cut the insulation on the wire and short it.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

hey...yeah a couple weeks back, i had my Battery replaced, and now the backlight on my factory tape deck is out. I tried getting the dealership to pay for it, but they want to send it in to toyota, etc... so maybe my backlight is out, but i dont know why...if it's a fuse or something, or if someone knows how to fix it, that would be great