Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving Without Traction Control

Luija

Hey guys, I read somewhere else it's almost impossible to drive a Corolla T-Sport with Traction Control off.

What do you say about it? Anyone tried? Anyone regularly drives without this kind of aid?

:thumbsup:

Hey guys, I read somewhere else it's almost impossible to drive a Corolla T-Sport with Traction Control off.

What do you say about it? Anyone tried? Anyone regularly drives without this kind of aid?

:thumbsup:

Its not difficult to drive with it off! Maybe not an idea in the wet, especially here in GB at the moment! I'm honestly thinking of trading CTS for a boat with this weather!

Anyway back to topic! If the roads are good, and you are getting good traction switch the thing off! VSC is still working so if you start to lose it that will kick in!

Driving Without Traction Control...is fun!

My golf is running 286hp FWD with an LSD, no traction control. Traction control, thats for pussies! ;)

Evening :thumbsup:

Its not so bad, i turn it off now again for a bit of a laugh but its nothing too hairy. Its actually a pretty predictable car with it off.

Ive had arguments left and right with friends as to whether the car accelerates off a standing start better with it on orr off. To be honest I cant see much of a difference but ive never had it timed or anything like that so... who knows :o)

G

Evening :thumbsup:

Its not so bad, i turn it off now again for a bit of a laugh but its nothing too hairy. Its actually a pretty predictable car with it off.

Ive had arguments left and right with friends as to whether the car accelerates off a standing start better with it on orr off. To be honest I cant see much of a difference but ive never had it timed or anything like that so... who knows :o)

G

It would make a difference if the roads are wet. You'll easily beat a Civic Type R of the mark when the roads are slippy.

What do you say about burnouts? Or just fast starts?

Will it skid? Or get a faster start?

Thanks!

I run my compressor with it off sometimes (not when its wet though lol)

its soo much fun in the wet lol. hit lift on a roundabout and control it the whole way round great stuff lol

My TC generaly stays on as the car does not (under normal conditions) have enough torque to break traction and trigger the TC. However if i'm working the car hard in the wet i turn it off to prevent it cutting in.

My TC generaly stays on as the car does not (under normal conditions) have enough torque to break traction and trigger the TC. However if i'm working the car hard in the wet i turn it off to prevent it cutting in.

Surely its better to have it one during the wet as it'll prevent you losing it in the wet.

the Tsport still leaves a fair few driving aids on when you turn the TSC, i don't find it a problem when its off.

the Tsport still leaves a fair few driving aids on when you turn the TSC, i don't find it a problem when its off.

That's reassuring to know. I'll give it ago next time when its wet. :thumbsup:

Surely its better to have it one during the wet as it'll prevent you losing it in the wet.

When you swicth the TC off the stability control (VSC) stays on so if you do start traveling is a sidways fashion the VSC will try recover it, but i don't tend to envoke the VSC much, as the mere sound of the VSC beeping tends to make me soil my underwear.