Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Car Seats

ffiscool

FFISCOOL

In case I do not resolve my discomfort, can you let me know the details of the upholsterers recommended to you by your dealer and how you get on with upholsterers if you contact them - ta

hi - their website is hrsautotrim.co.uk

they are in broxbourne and i will let you know. i know from the dealer they did a prius

meantime this was another dealer (still toyota) as mine still not ringing me back!

In case I do not resolve my discomfort, can you let me know the details of the upholsterers recommended to you by your dealer and how you get on with upholsterers if you contact them - ta

• 1 month later...

Hi, did your back discomfort resolve? I think i posted on here somewhere, but I have now sold the Auris, which cost me dearly and upset me, as I loved it but my back/neck didnt

I wish I had never sold my Corolla now... and perhaps I should have bought another one, as there are some new ones around still. I have now a Mazda. It is better, but my neck issues have carried on, as the months of driving the Auris took their toll. Having treatment to see if it helps but basically was told it caused me to have spondylosis

Having driven loads of diff cars over 30 years, this is v upsetting... so i hope anyone else with discomfort gets sorted and if there are any more out there, perhaps Toyota should know. I did tell them I had neck issues, this was pre diagnosis, but they werent interested :-( maybe I should sell this car and buy a corolla again... AGH AGH

Hi, did your back discomfort resolve? I think i posted on here somewhere, but I have now sold the Auris, which cost me dearly and upset me, as I loved it but my back/neck didnt

I wish I had never sold my Corolla now... and perhaps I should have bought another one, as there are some new ones around still. I have now a Mazda. It is better, but my neck issues have carried on, as the months of driving the Auris took their toll. Having treatment to see if it helps but basically was told it caused me to have spondylosis

Having driven loads of diff cars over 30 years, this is v upsetting... so i hope anyone else with discomfort gets sorted and if there are any more out there, perhaps Toyota should know. I did tell them I had neck issues, this was pre diagnosis, but they werent interested :-( maybe I should sell this car and buy a corolla again... AGH AGH

Sorry to ear that man. Sometimes I do have some back pains but then again I had them in my previous car as so I can't complain this is not a major problem for me either and in my case I don't think it is related to the seats. I hope you enjoy Mazda I also like them problem is the Ford engines :\ not a fan of Ford, either way good luck :)

Hello,

Regarding the comfort, I am 2.01 meters, 130 kg, that is about 285 lbs, 6,6 ft (sorry if conversion not accurate). It is the MOST comfortable car I've ever driven, and one of the major reasons I bought it against other models. One note: Spend a whole evening try to set your seat properly, sometimes the ideal position is not "ideal" from the beginning. Try several settings and spend some time driving on them. You'll soon find your ideal position.

Sorry to hear that - I still get the odd twinge but not enough to put me off the car. However, i do not drive it as often as our second car - a current shape nissan micra (cheap & cheerful) but I do not have back problems with that! I think I am slowly getting used to the auris seats though but i maintain they are not as comfortable as they should be - what car magazime criticised the seats for having a hard back rest! My wife drives the Auris more than me & she seems to love it! I posted an email car review to toyota and they can't even be bothered to reply or publish the review - I did criticise the comfort of the seats perhaps that why! - Terrible customer service either way

• 11 years later...

I find the auris seat uncomfortable after about an hour my back aches across the shoulder blades and lower back. To be honest my old Golf was the same. For me French car seats are usually better, with the old Renault 16 ones being like armchairs. Pity there is not an after market in upgrading car seats for those who have a problem.

This topic is 13 years old and relates to the first generation Auris rather than the second. 

As regards replacing the seats, difficulties could arise with compatibility with the safety restraint systems (seat mounted airbags).

• 2 weeks later...

I have had similar problems with seat comfort.  There is some scope to fit a fixed DIY lumbar cushion inside the seat, to try to mimic the lumbar adjust that is fitted to some models.  I have recently stripped down the whole seat, so can give some suggestions or pictures if that is of any use.  I have ended up retro-fitting an original (factory) electric lumbar adjustment from a breaker.  This has helped somewhat.

Renault 16. Surely the softest seats ever!