Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine

kularm

Hi guys, took my car to a mechanic and he diagnosed the problem however due to a mix of techno lingo and accent, I couldnt understand much of what he was going on about. I did however accept that he thought a problem in my engine which caused heavy loss of performance and also a lawnmowerish sound from the engine bay could be fixed by buying a new bottom end. I took this into consideration and asked how much a newengine would be, he stated £380 reconditioned (30'000 miles) with £120 fitting. To me this was cheap so Im also considering other engines. Being 20, and just getting my 1st years NCD I was wondering whether the experts within you could suggest an equal or slightly more powered engine which would fit without much hassle or extra cost to insurance or fitting? I wouldnt mind going upto £800 inc fitting, so please suggest away... :) cheers

Have you taken it to Toyota for a second opinion? £500 for a second hand re-con engine sounds a bit iffy to me.

Why is it being reconditioned at 30,000 miles? You may be buying another lump of trouble.

Another question I forgot to ask in your original thread was do you know why your engine was using so much oil in the first place?

You could prob just get your engine reconditioned, then you wouldn't have to worry about anything!

Brad =)

You could a 1.3 turbo engine in it :thumbsup: from a glanza, saw one on eBay for 450 with 60k on it not so long ago, but i would emagine you'd need all the looms and ecu etc

Plus you'd pay a load more in labour as the looms won't match up between the two, some guys doing it on his 1.0 on the Yaris Club (google it :P ) , IIRC he started it around May time and as far as I'm aware it still isnt on the road yet.

Just stick to putting a T Sport engine in, your not going to get a better lump in that bay, unless your names Earpl of course.

ye decided to get the same engine. The reconditioned one is from a car which had rear end damage, so I assume it'll be ok. I dont know why it originally burnt oil, however, when I do get the engine fixed/replaced ill defo find out what is going on in there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links