Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Post Numbers

yaristpot

How about removing them??? we all know who posts the most :ph34r: . in my eyes it would stop junk posts that just boost numbers when close to a magic number.

Just a thought, (oh and an extra post for me! :lol: )

ah but the kudos of the biggest saddest poster will be lost!

the post numbers is one of the best things about a forum! it shows your wisdom over mere mortals like Ryan! :thumbsup:

this will happen... hot topic today " I have lost my posts"

I have lost about 4000 members through all the sites due to something so stupid.

i have also lost loads more stuff that i have done over 2 years...

I will be removing post counts like on LOC.. because it really does work coz no one is bothered by it.

:thumbsup:

I will be removing post counts like on LOC.. because it really does work coz no one is bothered by it.

:thumbsup:

Over 2500 toc members lost :crybaby: Never given any thought to post counts so lose them Steve, makes no difference to me :thumbsup:

yea let's be rid of them steve.

ken, if the members come back they'll sign up again! and really... it's only the active members that matter on a site like this anyway! :group-cuddles:

I for one like the post counts.

It gives visitors a visual impression of how busy the site is.

Yes - people do post sometimes for the sake of increasing a number but that can add to the comaradery of the site. A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone...... :thumbsup: Keeps the spirits high by aiming for something visual.....

KEEP THE POST COUNTER PLEASE........ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree with gordy. It is easy to see how active a forum is with the post counts and you can see who to trust by looking at the guys and gals with the high post counts :thumbsup:

Good point robbie but i also look at how long the person has been around thats usually a good indication on how clued-up they are. Then again i could have xxxxxxx number of posts and been on the site from the year dot a still go posting :censor: about Mr2's for example which i hardly know owt about.

Simon :thumbsup:

I think it does help to see who is an active member.

Plus in the for sale section you can spot a 1 off vistor who is just come on line for a free advert.

how about keeping the number of posts - but not showing them - ya keep your "freeek" status, but there is no <Dr Evil> "one million posts" </Dr Evil>

im piggy in the middle on this one

i agree with the 'keep' ideas cos it does show how active some folk are and makes a means of distinguishing new members

but it does provoke rivelry and junk posting

probably best to actually scrap it

:unsure:

i have to agree with simon,just because someone has xxxx amount of posts does'nt mean a greater knowledge of said subject than someone with only xx posts.if you take anyones advice on a problem with your car you are doing so at your own risk.

so post counts and when you joined are pointless,but the longer you stay around you can build up a mental picture of members who know their stuff from others who dont.

so not really bothered if it stays or goes,it's only a novelty :thumbsup:

regards,

shane..........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links