Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Levin/ Trueno

Tussey01

Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a Levin BZG thingy :blink: !

Question is what is the differences between Levin/Trueno, BZG/BZR, Blacktop/Silvertop (any other deriatives)???

I'm confused :wacko:

Also is there any forums/sites/shops for these machines?

I've searched loads but cant find an answer!! Sorry if this has been covered already!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a Levin BZG thingy :blink: !

Question is what is the differences between Levin/Trueno, BZG/BZR, Blacktop/Silvertop (any other deriatives)???

I'm confused :wacko:

Also is there any forums/sites/shops for these machines?

I've searched loads but cant find an answer!! Sorry if this has been covered already!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

As far as i know, the BZ-R is super charged (4AGZE 165hp)? GT-Apex is with 20v engine if i remember correctly!

Blacktop/Silvertop (20v engines) depends if it's a E10 Levin or E11 Levin ;)

E10 = Silvertop (160hp)

E11 = Blacktop (170hp)

I'm sure the 4A-GZE only went into the GT-Z models. THat's where my GZE came from anyway.

This just sold on eBay i think, went for 2200 i think. i paid 2k for my 1995 last yr.

AE101 - 1990-1995 - Silvertop ( 4age 20v 160bhp ) or Supercharged ( 4agze 16v 165bhp )

AE111 - 1995-2000 - Blacktop only ( 4age 20v 165bhp )

Levin/Trueno - Not alot really, just lights really on 1997 models/ slight difference with the front bumper, no gap where the Levin Badge is.

BZG - made from 1995 in the ae111/ five speed, lsd optional

BZR - made from 1997 in ae111 onwards/ Six speed, lsd, slight bodykit.

Macpherson Suspension ( Standard ) Single pot calipers

SuperStrut Suspension - Twin pot front calipers ( Better Cornering)

Not many shops, what you after tho, gunna start a Levin owners club when i finish my turbo conversion ( doing up a second engine, 1 for n/a and 1 for turbo!

Any thing else you wanna know just ask. cheers

This just sold on ebay i think, went for 2200 i think. i paid 2k for my 1995 last yr.

AE101 - 1990-1995 - Silvertop ( 4age 20v 160bhp ) or Supercharged ( 4agze 16v 165bhp )

AE111 - 1995-2000 - Blacktop only ( 4age 20v 165bhp )

Levin/Trueno - Not alot really, just lights really on 1997 models/ slight difference with the front bumper, no gap where the Levin badge is.

BZG - made from 1995 in the ae111/ five speed, lsd optional

BZR - made from 1997 in ae111 onwards/ Six speed, lsd, slight bodykit.

Macpherson Suspension ( Standard ) Single pot calipers

SuperStrut Suspension - Twin pot front calipers ( Better Cornering)

Not many shops, what you after tho, gunna start a Levin owners club when i finish my turbo conversion ( doing up a second engine, 1 for n/a and 1 for turbo!

Any thing else you wanna know just ask. cheers

Thanks for the info mate. It wasnt sold on eBay, coz i put a deposit on her today! :thumbsup:

The car is like brand new! Will post pics up when I bring her home :thumbsup: She also has 15'' buddy club P1's (which I'l be selling) and HKS panel filter, Bonus!

The guy is an importer and brings over everything Lexus/Toyota. He said if I wanted anything, he could import for me. Top bloke :thumbsup:

When you start the Levin forum, I wanna be first member!! :thumbsup:

Love these machines very happy with my choice!

Thanks for everyones help/info.

Leo

Thats no prob, glad i could help.

Good choice mate! she looks very clean

I see she has trueno bzr rear lights for some reason, i have fitted them on mine also, think they are the best looking version

• 3 weeks later...

lol fair enough.

saw it advertised, not exactly far from me either, shame i havnt got the funds for it at the moment :(

• 2 months later...

Yo, Im a new guy to a forum. Did you know that there isn't just a BZ-R, and a BZ-G, but also a BZ-V. Which is the model I have. Not to sure about the differences between the BZ-G and the BZ-V models, however I notice that the BZ-R version comes with a different, taller and more sporty spoiler than the other models. Apparently the R and V versions come with superstrut suspensions also. Look it up if you don't know what that is. There is also two different AE111 and AE101 cars. Apparently there is the LEVIN version and a TRUENO version. Produce the same 165hp power, so I'm not sure of the differences.

The Black top 20v (which is what I have) produces the same power (165BHP) as the Silver top 16v 4-AGZE (supercharged) Engine. ALL 170BHP STATEMENTS ARE RUMOURS!

Although they both produce a top power of 165, I believe there are advantages to each, as I would say a supercharged engine would produce a bigger torque range.

I'm currently looking for any AE111 modeification sites. Need to get a bodykit front bumper and some corners for my rear bumper.

yeh i know there are three models

There are quite a few ae101/111 models as there are the usual shape levins, the uk corollas are ae101/111 aswell and there is a 4 door ae101/111.

Models between 1995-1996 are 5spd and 1997- onwards are 6spd.

1995 BZG: weighs 1020kgs, 14" wheels, Front Fogs Standard, ABS Optional, LSD Not Present, alloys Optional, Steering wheel tilt, Drivers Airbag optional.

1996 BZV: weighs 1050kgs, 15" wheels, Front Fog Optional, ABS Standard, LSD Standard, alloys Optional, Drivers Airbag standard.

1997 BZR: weighs 1080kgs, 15" wheels, Front Fogs Standard, ABS Standard, LSD Standard, 15" alloys standard, UV Cutting Glass Standard, Steering wheel tilt, Leather Steering wheel, Drivers and Passenger Airbag Standard.

The BZV comes in a slightly different shade of green than the BZG and BZR models green colour

The BZV was only made in manual for 1995-1996 i believe

I know the Bzg and Bzr come in Super Strut, not sure about Bzv.

The Levin and Trueno Versioms are just different shells, Different Front and Rear Lights, Different Grill Etc

They never produce 165bhp, mine is 150bhp, which is about right for a blacktop.

The 4agze engine died out in the ae101 and isnt a silvertop its just a 16v with a supercharger.

The 4agze produces 50% more torque than the BT