Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Just Me Or.....

Jimlad

Are about 98% of all threads in the general section absolutley pointless, garbage spam??

I visit here daily... take a look in the general discussion section, look at the thread titles and just leave.

I will happily admit I used to post alot of pointless stuff, but recently it seems to have just escalated. If I was a new visitor and I saw all these pointless random threads, I'd look, think what a bunch of muppets and leave. (no offence) - and you want people to pay for membership here?

There's no point to them all.

A few of them....

"What do you do" - in reference to when you clean your teath... I mean wtf??

"Done something very important today" - a thread about washing a shirt

"bugger" - a thread about leaving a banana in a fridge

"burning my fingers" - about a laptop which (if true), is blatantly too hot!

"I'm going now" - a thread about going to make a sandwhich

These are just a few, but there are loads more!! If you want to post about absolute pointless pap, then surely there should be a "speak about crap" section to the forum??

Sorry... but this has seriously been getting on my nerves the past week or two. I don't know if people are just bored and don't have anything genuine to talk about, or if everyones brains have just gone a bit wonky for some reason?

It doesn't give the club a good look imo!! I'm not trying to upset people, just trying to make people realise something here.

Discuss..............

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Pompey Gaz

• JappyBeast

• dead_bodys_everywhere

I thought this is what the General section is for, to talk about anything?!

People might talk about rubbish, pointless things but what do you expect in a General section?

I don't see that it does any harm, if people are having a bit of fun talking rubbish then so be it!

The club's all about people coming together and having a good time! :thumbsup:

I will happily admit I used to post alot of pointless stuff, but recently it seems to have just escalated.

Hang on, are you saying that you've started posting more pointless stuff?!! :lol:

I can see your point, but do we really need a "Crap" section?

There were a few posts a while back about how people were pleased the club had "got back to how it used to be".

I must admit i've never been on a forum that's been this fun and full of genuine people who all get along so well! :toast:

Maybe the "crap" is what helps keep the club ticking?!

Without trying to start anything....

The club is nowhere near what it used to be! (this is simply my opinion).

But c'mon.. there should be a talk crap section.

If you want to genuinely talk about something, then post in the general section. If you want to talk about crap... goto the gold section (does it exist?) or do it in the talk crap section.

It just looks bad I think! The place needs tidied up and a good kick up the *****!! (no disrespect to da management)

Yeah, I noticed that myself but I think it's miles better than having no posts or even worse, having a load of "TOC isn't what it used to be" posts so I actually think it gives the place a better feel because it takes the serious edge off & people can join in the banter. If I was a new member I'd feel a lot better about joining a club where the members can chat & joke about random things & my own personal experience can vouch for that because I joined a VW forum while I was still deciding what car to buy & I feel a lot more at ease here than I do there, even though I've now got a VW & not a Toyota. Admittedly, it might be because I've been comparing it to here & when I joined TOC I had nothing to compare it to and/or because I've met some of the members on here but I really do think it's a lot better here than a lot of people give it credit for.

As for making a new section, we already have a "speak about crap" section & it's called "General Discussions".

As for making a new section, we already have a "speak about crap" section & it's called "General Discussions".

No!!! ..... God Daaaam!!

How much did people moan about "TOC's not what it used to be", "TOC's boring", "TOC needs to lighten up" etc etc etc

Now the place is buzzing and people are still moaning?!? :rolleyes:

People are having a laugh, there's nothing wrong with it.... nothing will ever bring back the TOC of old, but no-ones trying to do that, this is the new TOC, a fun place to be for anybody... it just seems to me that as soon as people get to this happy place there's always someone who's out to put people back down again.

Yeah its a bit spammy at times, but to be honest if the mod team started cutting down peoples posts, we'd get moaned at for being dictators. As we're not surprise surprise we're being moaned at!

Sometimes I despair at the lose/lose situation TOC is always in... people never seem to be happy no matter what...

Still, I think TOC has come on leaps and bounds, we're still the same friendly place we always have been, with a host of new members bringing their own unique slant to posts and topics... and thats all TOC has ever been about.

I just made the comment. Not meant to start any conversation or even a response about the "toc not what it used to be" thing. I'm not moaning. That was in the past, this is now... move on people... move on. lol

I'm not trying to put anyone down or pee on peoples parade. I'm the most easy going person in the world... was just trying to point something out that people may not have noticed. I wanted to give an outsiders view point, as I don't post much, but I do look regularly.

Why not sit back... take a look, and have a think instead of getting all defensive. I think you'll find I have a valid point.

I just think there's too much spam!!!

:spam: 2 minutes to my interview, am scared

It's the thread hi-jackers that annoy me!! :P

"Who better to preach than the sinner" eh Jim? ;) But I do see your point :yes:

If I tidied up all posts in general a certain person would loose 99% post count :P, this won't happen ;) It would be good to see some new faces posting on here and I know it's "General" but there can be a fine line between fun & enthusiasm, to just a tad boring.

So don't stop posting fella's, the posts are always interesting, just stop each one turning into an msn conversation.....Please. ;)

Les

Spam or tumbleweeds? lol

No-one wants to see TOC dead, I agree with you Jim that it is a bit spammier than usual, however I'd much prefer that than no posts whatsoever, its really the lesser of two evils.... ;)

I like TOC just as it is now. OK so I dont contribute to most of the threads but I like to read 'em..................... :blink:

in all seriousness I like it here. although i contribute most of the rubbish its still friendly and there are some daft threads "what do you do?" about brushing teeth, then theres the serious ones, its a good mix, although personally i think there is maybe a few too many pinned topics, but the mix of serious and spam threads is good and is one of the best sites i been on :)

I think that at the moment there is just about the right balance between serious and frivolous threads.

We must all remember that it is "just the internet" and try never to take things too seriously................(Sometimes, of course, easier said than done.)

In my experience the "spamming" and frivoulous posts tend to be made in the wee small hours when the attitude of the participants is a lot more "relaxed"

I like TOC like it is now.................It gives me an opportunity to converse with some pleasant and happy people away from the stress of my working life :thumbsup:

Long may TOC last :toast::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yes: ;)

Ill be honest here, and I know i contribute big time to the spam and going off topic, but i do slightly agree with him, you look on here and it is just aload of rubbish, even ive been posting less because of it

like talking about when you brush your teeth, come on

i think it's all harmless fun & very interesting... through stuff like this you pick up on peoples personalities... i don't post often, but love to have a read through & see all the banter...

on other forums there are threads such as "what are you currently eating" or what are you wearing today" that have been going on for years & people update it every day...

I think there is alot of crap in the general section...I also contribute to some of it till I get bored. You just have to sieve through the stuff you don't want to read and find the stuff you do, Its like reading through the mail in the morning; get through all the junk mai/ billsl to get to the Toys you just bought in from Japan or eBay or whatever, thats life.

Maybe we could have like a part time chat room, open from 9pm till 9am for those, like me who spend the wee hours smashed and want to talk drivel all night long. That could clear up the general section quite a bit I'd reckon. I don't know how easy this would be to do....Just an idea.

Michael.

On a similar note, do those massive MSN conversations still happen? I was invited into 1 by Kerby once when I was still a pretty new member, it was hard to keep up with everything but it was quite funny

Does anyone else think that better thread titles, and possibly sub-titles where appropriate, would help?

I definitely think there's a place for the jokey threads, and if they're titled correctly then anyone who's not interested in them can just ignore them.

But if the titles are misleading, then it's hard to ignore them because you have to open the thread to find out what it's about.

On a similar note, do those massive MSN conversations still happen? I was invited into 1 by Kerby once when I was still a pretty new member, it was hard to keep up with everything but it was quite funny

yeah they do Kev, you're missing out :( lol add mee!!!

yeah they do Kev, you're missing out :( lol add mee!!!

When you're a crap typer like me you find that the mass conversations end up between one or two of the fastest :rolleyes::lol:

(Oh, Michael, we did have a chat room at one time but nobody used it because they went on MSN :yes: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links