Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Doors Central Locking

Grippen

Hi guys I wanted the experts here specially the ones that work at Toyota if it is possible via some software update to automatically lock the car doors once he starts to move. As far as I know this is a common feature in almost every car in the line but Toyota forgot this. I know every car now and the auris is not the exception for sure, use a CAN bus to transmit every information to the CPU. The Auris has enough gadgets to measure if the car is in motion or not the only question ere is "Is the central locking connected to the CPU via CAN bus?" If so I think this is something easy Toyota just needs to reprogram the system.

A friend of mine bought and Audi A3 2/3 years ago and this system was not working however the requested at his dealer and they uploaded a new software or triggered some option on the CPU system not sure what was done because I never asked him.

Does any of the toyota guys here know anything about recent software updates, when they will be delivered and what will be corrected or added?

I have not heard of this on any toyota yet, but I will inform if I hear something! Maybe someone else knows more about this then me.

I've heard that a lot of the manufacturer's are not putting this feature in as standard anymore because it gives rise to yet another SAFTEY feature that may fail to work hence trapping passengers inside..Audi A3 no longer have this feature and neither does the New shape Honda Civic or the Mk 5 Golf..I know beacuse I have test driven all 3 on my new car quest ( and they have been brand new cars I have tried)..however, they all do have the feature inside the drivers door so you can manually lock yourself in..which begs the question what if this fails as well :blink:

Although in my old MINI I had the auto locking at 6mph and so does the Renualt range.

I've heard that a lot of the manufacturer's are not putting this feature in as standard anymore because it gives rise to yet another SAFTEY feature that may fail to work hence trapping passengers inside..Audi A3 no longer have this feature and neither does the New shape Honda Civic or the Mk 5 Golf..I know because I have test driven all 3 on my new car quest ( and they have been brand new cars I have tried)..however, they all do have the feature inside the drivers door so you can manually lock yourself in..which begs the question what if this fails as well :blink:

Although in my old MINI I had the auto locking at 6mph and so does the Renualt range.

Ye I can understand the safety purpose of removing it but I think it is also up to the customer. Lets face it if you are inconscient and you the doors are locked either because you locked them using the button or they did it automatically no one can access the car the only chance is to break the window.

In fact I think this feature should be improved. In my case and probably everyone else they lock the doors in city roads because we want to prevent and outsider from getting into the car and steeling you. As so I think the door should remain closed up to 60-80 km/h above that the doors with be open.

Accidents in city roads in most cases are not so dangerous and therefore you conscient enough to open the car yourself. On the other end in high speed accidents you can get inconscient very easily even from the airbag.

But this is my opinion either way if any of you guys finds out that we can request an activation of the auto locking system let me know because I'm interested in having in my Auris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links