Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am2 Fuse

raf

Hi

My friend have an strange problem with his canadian '92 2,2l aut camry, the am2 fuse ( # 20) burned, so We decided to change it, after the ignition is turned on the fuse burns, after 2 fuses we give up with this, looked in the owners manual and it says headlights :eek: ??? stupid manual I'm sure that is for ignition system.... the starter turns but nothing happens... have anyone had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

AM2 fuse is for the ignition switch - which in turn powers the Ignition coil and EFI main relay and Injectors.

:(

• 2 years later...

My Camry had a shorted Capacitor that goes INSIDE of the distributor & mounts with a small screw from the outside....

This 30 amp AM2 fuse feeds the following....

To the Ign. switch, then to the 7.5 amp ign. fuse, junction here & to the 12 volt side of all the fuel injectors, also feed the Ignitor on fender skirt, also the N2 Noise filter on the fender skirt, & last the (+) posistive side of the Ign. Coil inside of the distributor....

On the neg. side of the distributor is the Capacitor with a short brown mount wire... THIS was a PROBLEM. That Capacitor costs in Poland 8$... ;-)

• 1 year later...
My Camry had a shorted Capacitor that goes INSIDE of the distributor & mounts with a small screw from the outside....

This 30 amp AM2 fuse feeds the following....

To the Ign. switch, then to the 7.5 amp ign. fuse, junction here & to the 12 volt side of all the fuel injectors, also feed the Ignitor on fender skirt, also the N2 Noise filter on the fender skirt, & last the (+) posistive side of the Ign. Coil inside of the distributor....

On the neg. side of the distributor is the Capacitor with a short brown mount wire... THIS was a PROBLEM. That Capacitor costs in Poland 8$... ;-)

Just wanted to thank you for your above posting. I blew two 30 amp fuses in trying to diagnose a no start problem on a '92 4-cylinder Camry. The engine quit suddenly in busy hour traffic and the car required a tow. Your detailed information about the capacitor located inside the distributor was right on. It probably saved me hours of looking for a needle in a haystack.

A shorted capacitor was causing the 30 amp fuse to blow. After installing a new capacitor, the engine started right up. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links