Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tte Supercharger For Yaris (verso)

AndyME

2 weeks ago i went to cologne and had TTE fit their compressor (supercharger) into my Yaris Verso 1.5.

I paid €4000 for the kit incl. installation plus €1000 for the homologation (they had no plans to make the supercharger available for the verso, but they gave in, since i kept on calling all the time...

I have to say: this is now an amazing car. it has nothing to do with what it was before, and it was worth every euro that i spent. the torque is just WOW and it has always power when you need it. The top speed is not far away from 200 km/h ( I mounted 205/50R16 tyres and they have a 5% larger circumference and thus the digital speed meter finally shows the right value, it was measured with a GPS and approved by our almighty autority, the TUV)

By the way: my "other car" is a porsche 993 convertible... I have made over 100.000 miles on it in the past 9 yrs...and little more than 1000 this year since i own the yaris verso. It is an amazing little car which can hold my family of 4 plus my race bike. I equipped it with an all leather interior, I have the toyota navigation system and even a phone activated pre-heating system. and now enough power for (almost) every need.

Andy

2 weeks ago i went to cologne and had TTE fit their compressor (supercharger) into my Yaris Verso 1.5.

I paid €4000 for the kit incl. installation plus €1000 for the homologation (they had no plans to make the supercharger available for the verso, but they gave in, since i kept on calling all the time...

I have to say: this is now an amazing car. it has nothing to do with what it was before, and it was worth every euro that i spent. the torque is just WOW and it has always power when you need it. The top speed is not far away from 200 km/h ( I mounted 205/50R16 tyres and they have a 5% larger circumference and thus the digital speed meter finally shows the right value, it was measured with a GPS and approved by our almighty autority, the TUV)

By the way: my "other car" is a porsche 993 convertible... I have made over 100.000 miles on it in the past 9 yrs...and little more than 1000 this year since i own the yaris verso. It is an amazing little car which can hold my family of 4 plus my race bike. I equipped it with an all leather interior, I have the toyota navigation system and even a phone activated pre-heating system. and now enough power for (almost) every need.

Andy

Your car definately sounds GREAT :thumbsup:

Unfortunately i just have the 1.3 lt with only 86 hp :crybaby:

BUT at this point i would be more intrested in placing a nice navigation system-full colour display TFT screen and so on. IS THIS POSSIBLE ???

In Toyota they showed me in their pc something like a green-screen navigator which was UGLY ! Which one you have ???

Thanks in advance & i would like to see pics from your Verso!

Which one you have ???

well I have this green one..:-) actually it is the original display that shows the radio stations and all the other info. it is preequiped for navigation and "all" you need to install is the nav-computer with the DVD. As you can see if you look at the dashboard, there is a gray piece of plastic around this display and mainly below it. So the actual cut-out area would be much larger. And as a matter of fact, there is a color display available in japan....I saw it on the japanese toyota HP...

If you dont care for the radio and all the other information, one could probably install a color screen. the company that made my leather interior are also selling car PCs. and they habe all kind of color screens. Wether this option makes alot of sense though, i am not sure. I have to say, that although the display is not sexy, it has one advantage: it does not disturb you, since it is not shining as bright as a color display probably would (although one could dim that one probably, well...)

regarding pics: I will make a set of pics of the whole thing, and mail it to you in the next days if you want. here, one can apparently only attach 100k and that would not be enough. And I do not have a HP where to post it. Unless you have a suggestion. if not, please let me have your email address.

cheers.

andy

very intresting!

the first known yaris with one fitted happens to be a verso

:thumbsup:

Which one you have ???

well I have this green one..:-) actually it is the original display that shows the radio stations and all the other info. it is preequiped for navigation and "all" you need to install is the nav-computer with the DVD. As you can see if you look at the dashboard, there is a gray piece of plastic around this display and mainly below it. So the actual cut-out area would be much larger. And as a matter of fact, there is a color display available in japan....I saw it on the japanese toyota HP...

If you dont care for the radio and all the other information, one could probably install a color screen. the company that made my leather interior are also selling car PCs. and they habe all kind of color screens. Wether this option makes alot of sense though, i am not sure. I have to say, that although the display is not sexy, it has one advantage: it does not disturb you, since it is not shining as bright as a color display probably would (although one could dim that one probably, well...)

regarding pics: I will make a set of pics of the whole thing, and mail it to you in the next days if you want. here, one can apparently only attach 100k and that would not be enough. And I do not have a HP where to post it. Unless you have a suggestion. if not, please let me have your email address.

cheers.

andy

HI, thanks for you immediate answer, you see i also recently got my Verso, i like it a lot and step by step i would like to make it .... elegantly-attractive :D

My email is alexandrosbolotos@hotmail.com and i would be more than happy to see your little monster's pics :D :D :D

About the navigation-thing, i 'll see what i 'll do in the future, i just want it for visualisation of the graphics from the cd-player because here in Greece we dont have developed electronical map of Greece... at least not yet :(

Thanks again,

Byeeez..

my local toyota dealer are doin leather trims themselves now

about 1500 tho!

:o

Second time I will attempt to post this.

Have a look at these websites. There about a rotrex charger and its quite interesting. There is a review there as well but may be a bit biased but still sounds good.

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/features/FE000075.htm

http://www.rotrex.eu.com

http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk - for this one just select turbochargers at top of the page and Rotrex.

Thanks

Si

the leather cost me 3700 swiss francs (1700 pounds) but it included steering wheel, parts of the dashboard and also: the front seats were altered so that the seating area got 2 inches longer and the sides were reinforced for better guidance. you can find 2 pics of my car at www.lederexclusiv.com under toyota / verso delux. actually the seats were altered even more thereafter.

i went there since i come to zurich regularly and i wanted the individual solution.

the most inexpensive leather solution that i found is www.cuirautoshop.fr

there you can find a prefabricated set for 600 pounds or so. including 5 seats, headrests and side panels. they are somewhere in the normandy, france. the will also fit there or send the set and you then need a saddler to install it.

how can i post some pics for you guys to see? (exceeding the 100 k)

the leather cost me 3700 swiss francs (1700 pounds) but it included steering wheel, parts of the dashboard and also: the front seats were altered so that the seating area got 2 inches longer and the sides were reinforced for better guidance. you can find 2 pics of my car at www.lederexclusiv.com under toyota / verso delux. actually the seats were altered even more thereafter.

i went there since i come to zurich regularly and i wanted the individual solution.

the most inexpensive leather solution that i found is www.cuirautoshop.fr

there you can find a prefabricated set for 600 pounds or so. including 5 seats, headrests and side panels. they are somewhere in the normandy, france. the will also fit there or send the set and you neet then a saddler to install it.

how can i post some pics for you guys to see? (exceeding the 100 k)

Reinforcing the seats was a great thing to do since the seats are quite shallow at the first place..... I really want to see this Verso :) , Now i 'll try the links you sent..