Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Lowering

corollasr

i currently own a 98 corolla hatch. i'm looking to lower my rolla and want to know how low i can take it. i have standard shocks and dont really want to change them.

i'm looking to lower 50-60mm on standard 14s.

will this be possible or will it cause problems?

if not how low can i go?

You'd most likely need coilovers to go that low. Best bet is getting 40mm lowering springs. Shouldn't give you any problems on 14's. :thumbsup:

I have lowered my Corolla G6-R recently with TTE ( Eibach) -30 mm and it looks dammed good and it rides superb

the costs for the springs where € 117 including P&P

from a company from Germany. you can look at my site

under "aanpassingen aan de G6-R" there are some pics of my lowered G6-R and i did it my self with a little help from the local Toyota Dealer :yes:

i currently own a 98 corolla hatch. i'm looking to lower my rolla and want to know how low i can take it. i have standard shocks and dont really want to change them.

i'm looking to lower 50-60mm on standard 14s.

will this be possible or will it cause problems?

if not how low can i go?

Thats low mate :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure where your going to find anything for the rolla that low anyway think your going to have to stick with 30-35mill with either TTE or fenpsort springs mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

should the standard shocks cope ok with it?

Yeah no probs :thumbsup:

My Sr came with TTE springs on the standard shocks from toyota so its been ok since 1998 :lol::lol::lol:

If you try to go lower than say 25-30mm lower then the standard shocks won't have enough travel to give you enough damping. Koni top adjustables are designed to work with lowered springs so they are the ones to go for.

I've lowered my corolla 30mm on Eibach springs, with standard dampers and the original 14 inch 175/65 wheels. It's transformed the handling and the ride is good on all but the worst surfaces (here in sunny cardiff there are quite a few pot holes!) Looks wise, the car is right on the tyre on the rear, and there's only a small gap between wheel and body at the front.

I've lowered my corolla 30mm on Eibach springs, with standard dampers and the original 14 inch 175/65 wheels. It's transformed the handling and the ride is good on all but the worst surfaces (here in sunny cardiff there are quite a few pot holes!) Looks wise, the car is right on the tyre on the rear, and there's only a small gap between wheel and body at the front.

Welcome to Cardiff Phil and you're too right about the roads here. :eek::eek: That's three members here now - we'll soon be able to arrange our own meet - Ryan where are you mate?

My computer with scanner is back home and the pics are not even developed yet, so I can't help you sorry. I didn't get TTE springs, I got Eibach (apparently Eibach make the TTE springs) and I sourced them from the internet. Can't remember where, I just typed Eibach+springs into google. Cost me about £150 if i remember rightly.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1999 G6R and i have lowered it 40 mm with Pi springs and it sits really nicely now looks very low and it handles even better than it used to