Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2/ Celica Gt Gearbox Differences

carl:-)

hi, i need some help please. a friend of mine is fitting a celica gt engine and gearbox into the rear of a mini.hes using a 1992 celica gt 2.0ltr setup. now we could for gearchange reasons do with using a mr2 gearbox, due to the gearchange setup.

now is the mr2 box the same as the celica one? with ref to mounts size etc. need to be sure on this one.

thank you in advance

If he's intending on the Mini being RWD (assuming the engine from the celica is a 3S-GE), he will need to source a suitable box from an MR2 as the celicas are FWD. Also he'll need to source (or get made) some driveshafts that will fit the track width of the Mini.

:crybaby:
If he's intending on the Mini being RWD (assuming the engine from the celica is a 3S-GE), he will need to source a suitable box from an MR2 as the celicas are FWD. Also he'll need to source (or get made) some driveshafts that will fit the track width of the Mini.

hi will a 2ltr gearbox fit from a mr2 tho ?
... (assuming the engine from the celica is a 3S-GE)...

I thought the celica and the mr2 boxes were the same apart from the change linkage mounts. I would have thought you could just aquire that bit.

I thought the celica and the mr2 boxes were the same apart from the change linkage mounts. I would have thought you could just aquire that bit.

hmm the linkage looks like it coming out from front side of gearbox so probally need it all ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links