Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Future Owner Hopefully!

UKDM323

Hi all

Yes wanna buy a T sport in 3- 5 months time,

I already know of some common fualts from the car by looking at certain posts which is expected but wanna know is what should i spend on a corolla t sport? i want lowish mileage, lower the better,lol & hopeing to have around £6500 - £7k to spend would that get me a good one? already started to saving up bit money & going to try my luck on selling my current car privately, are these cars rare to come by now?& u get them in 5 door too ? & was these made in limited numbers ?i know the t sport compressor is & would love one of those but bit out of my price range sadly !

I just want something faster cos what i got now im bored of it,lol & paying alot for road tax for something isnt all that & the insurance for the t sport would only cost me little (i mean a little) more than for what i got now so basically i get lot for my money far as the t sport is concerned!

Anything else i should know please let me know

Feedback & answers appreicated

Hi

If your looking at a T Sport the things you should look out for are a poorly fitting dash board mainly around the radio, as well as general rattles especially from the early none facelift versions (2002 to 2004). The five door was only avalible in the early version too. Check the lift function in the engine works, at 6,200 revs you should feel a strong surge & an increase in power (this only works when the car is warmed up). If it doesn't it could mean the lift bolts in the engine are broken (some dealers still claim they know nothing about this). Lots of the dealers know little about the cars, but may have the best examples. Remember to haggle hard & don't buy the first one you see unless it's mint (even if your into big wheels & blacked out windows your best finding a standard straight car to start with).

If possible try to find a facelift (2004 to 2006) version as they improved the steering, ride height, radio controls also were improved (as early ones were rubbish) & the newer one looks much better too. The best place for you to look to gauge what costs what is on autotrader & also check prices on www.parkers.co.uk . A new version would cost a bit more but wouldn't need so much adding to it latter on.

I have sold my 2003 T Sport now, but it was reliable for two years.

Paul

:wacko:

hi what do u mean about the lift function in the engine works, at 6,200 revs can u explain that to me plz

Hi

If your looking at a T Sport the things you should look out for are a poorly fitting dash board mainly around the radio, as well as general rattles especially from the early none facelift versions (2002 to 2004). The five door was only avalible in the early version too. Check the lift function in the engine works, at 6,200 revs you should feel a strong surge & an increase in power (this only works when the car is warmed up). If it doesn't it could mean the lift bolts in the engine are broken (some dealers still claim they know nothing about this). Lots of the dealers know little about the cars, but may have the best examples. Remember to haggle hard & don't buy the first one you see unless it's mint (even if your into big wheels & blacked out windows your best finding a standard straight car to start with).

If possible try to find a facelift (2004 to 2006) version as they improved the steering, ride height, radio controls also were improved (as early ones were rubbish) & the newer one looks much better too. The best place for you to look to gauge what costs what is on autotrader & also check prices on www.parkers.co.uk . A new version would cost a bit more but wouldn't need so much adding to it latter on.

I have sold my 2003 T Sport now, but it was reliable for two years.

Paul

:wacko:

Hi and welcome to the club.

I brought a 2002 pre-facelift Corolla T-Sport from my local lexus dealer in 2005 for £8k with low mileage of 16k on the clock in its first 3 years. This car has proved reliable with no problems whatsoever in its 5 years. The only thing I've had to change are its front discs and pads and tyres.

Just make sure you pick the right T-Sport for yourself. Facelift ones are now coming down in price so you might be able to bag yourself a facelift version though the pre-facelife ones can be a bargain at the right price.

Thanks for the feedback, trouble is round here not many are for sale & dont really wanna go other side of england & to find its not there or not happy wiht it. was T sport made in limited numbers or something? as i said on a budget & hoping to have £7k to spend

Thats a good price for the mileage being back in 2005, not bothered if there facelift or not really but newer the better,lol i did notice these dont cost as much as a celica 190 thats same engine unless your just paying for the looks cos i heard reviews that the celica handling isnt all that !

Hi and welcome to the club.

I brought a 2002 pre-facelift Corolla T-Sport from my local lexus dealer in 2005 for £8k with low mileage of 16k on the clock in its first 3 years. This car has proved reliable with no problems whatsoever in its 5 years. The only thing I've had to change are its front discs and pads and tyres.

Just make sure you pick the right T-Sport for yourself. Facelift ones are now coming down in price so you might be able to bag yourself a facelift version though the pre-facelife ones can be a bargain at the right price.

• 2 weeks later...

I went see a blue 03 T sport, 46k miles, £6995 & driven it & wow & very solid compared to my current mazda & i agreed to buy it, given a deposit & they given me a good price on my current car & happy with the drive & the condition of the corolla t sport inside & out hence reason i agreed to it, the car seemes fine to drive & sounds right only thing wasnt reight was slight sound from rear o s disc & they said car not been driven for while so was making that sound & they agreed to change the rear discs anyway You think i was too fast to make a decision rather than seeing/test driving a few more ? i looked at other cars though, 2/3 99 onward celica's, 2000 mr-s & a 1996 integra JDM type r however some wasnt what i expected

Congrats on the purchase m8. im sure ul enjoy the car VERY MUCH. where bouts in essex u from?

I'v just got a T sport couple week ago 03 27k, i'm happy so far but only thing is the alarm dont work and i didnt think to check it before i bought it. it is very fast on the top end and im sure youll enjoy it.

Thanks yea there is lot of power, only thing need to get use to is the reverse gear im from southend on sea

know what you mean bout reverse nearly put mine through the garage door a few times! im too use to 5 gears

Thanks people!!! yea there is lot of power gotta admit, only thing need to get use to is the reverse gear!!! im from southend on sea, i went all the way to kelvedon to see that car where it was on sale!!

arhh cool, im from Wickford, only bout 15-20mins away, neva know we mite bump into each other :thumbsup:

know what you mean bout reverse nearly put mine through the garage door a few times! im too use to 5 gears

Good job it's got the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP HGV reversing noise eh! :lol:

Update!!!!!!!

I went see a blue 03 T sport, 46k miles, £6995 & driven it & wow & very solid compared to my current mazda & i only agreed to buy it, given a deposit & they given me a good price on my current car & happy with the drive & the condition of the corolla t sport inside & out hence reason i agreed to it, the car seemes fine to drive & sounds right & wot ahve ya only thing wasnt reight was slight sound from rear o s disc & they said car not been driven for while so was making that sound & they agreed to change the rear discs anyway!!! You think i was too fast to make a decision rather than seeing/test driving a few more ? i looked at other cars though, 2/3 99 onward celica's, 2000 mr-s & a 1996 integra JDM type r however some wasnt what i expected!!! so yea gonna pick the car up in 2 sundays time, hopefully i made the right choice rather than acting too quick when i should of looked at few more, though there isnt many t sport for sale here in essex!!!! so soon offical owner of a t sport but downside is i havent got much money now cos i didnt take a loan out apart from burrowing little bit of money from parents!!!!

thanks

Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to lift!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

took delivery of me T Sport this morning & the power & sound is wow!! im happy,shame the compressor out me price range, lol very different to my mazda 323F 2.0!

I upload pics later