Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing The Stereo

sandeep89

hi, i have a Y-reg toyota corolla vvt-i 1.4.. its one where the head unit has been mounted on to the top of the dashboard...

the current unit is strange, as the main controls for the unit are at the top, but the casette player is under all of the controls for the A/C etc.

i want to try and fit a normal sony head unit into the car, but i was told from Halfords that i would need to go to toyota to see if the current stereo is replaceable.. really want to replace it so i can fit the car with a subwoofer and new Speakers.

if anyone can help me work out exactly what i need to do to replace the current stereo, it would be much appreciated

sandeep

This has been covered before if you do a search in the forum. The casette player can be replaced with any CD player. You just need to get a Toyota wiring harness. You will also lose the cd player functions on the pod at the top.

hi, i have a Y-reg toyota corolla vvt-i 1.4.. its one where the head unit has been mounted on to the top of the dashboard...

the current unit is strange, as the main controls for the unit are at the top, but the casette player is under all of the controls for the A/C etc.

i want to try and fit a normal sony head unit into the car, but i was told from halfords that i would need to go to toyota to see if the current stereo is replaceable.. really want to replace it so i can fit the car with a subwoofer and new speakers.

if anyone can help me work out exactly what i need to do to replace the current stereo, it would be much appreciated

sandeep

thanks a lot m8... thread was a couple of pages in, but i found the pics u posted, and a guide someone else made...

thanks a lot

sandeep

one last thing, sorry...

u say i need a toyota wiring harness, and i looked on car audio security for it and they say that its not recommended to have it if im going to use an amplified speaker system...

i want to get the head unit installed, and have a sub and amp and new Speakers all connected. Im planning on letting the Speakers power from the head unit, and the sub from the amp, but as the sub is a speaker... i was just wondering if there won't be any problems with using the toyota wiring harness with the sub and amp

if you can let me know that would be great

thanks very much

sandeep