Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Ipods

gordypix

Tell me about them then.....

If I buy one for the GF for xmas I wanna know it is the utter dogs thingamy jigs

Can it Be used witout contact with a computer (after I have loaded it with squillions of tracks)

Tell me about them then.....

If I buy one for the GF for xmas I wanna know it is the utter dogs thingamy jigs

Can it Be used witout contact with a computer (after I have loaded it with squillions of tracks)

I have a mate who has one... quite funky.

Once the songs are on there, you never need to put it near a computer again.. unless you want to add more songs etc.

GOOD, cos it may be used to go travelling so a computer will not be available for use.......

gordy, the ipod is capable of 30gb's worth of mp3... that's alot, really, alot!... think of the average 4-5 minute song in mp3 format encoded to 128kb... it's about 5mb... so in 1gb there is 1024mb (near enough)... 1024 / 5 = 204.. so let's call it 200 songs to everyone gigabyte.. now let's add another 29gb to that and we get... about 6000 songs on an ipod..

there u have it, 6000 tunes averaging at 5mb each! :o

wow!

it is indeed the dogs m8, wish i had one :thumbsup:

gordy think of it as a very expensive very very good mp3 player.. yes u can use it away from a computer, it's basically an mp3 players with loads of space for tunes

applemac do some great things :thumbsup:

The stepson got one off e-bay, from America, most impressive, his entire collection of CD's in something the size of a packet of fags :yes:

Is that the full 15 minute version Sam....... :thumbsup:

and do you have a portable MP3 or a car one??

i've got a portable mp3 player m8, i want an ipod tho... mp3's are below CD quality... and so are minidiscs contrary to popular belief!

CD is the best sounding media we have, apart from clean vinyl on an awesomely awesome turn table

although SA-CD will take over now, and DVD-Audio...

i've got a portable mp3 player m8, i want an ipod tho... mp3's are below CD quality... and so are minidiscs contrary to popular belief!

CD is the best sounding media we have, apart from clean vinyl on an awesomely awesome turn table

1200's........ :drool:

Hiya there, I've got an Apple iBook and iPod, Mac's rock, i work for PC World and they are easily the best mp3 players on the market, my brother's got the creative zen and it's *******, you need to be running iTunes for windows though, it musc better than music match... get the 40gb one, it'll play mp3's for over 3 weeks solid without playin the same song agen!!!!!!!

If you download MP3's over 192 bps thats CD quality.

I never notice any differance listning to CD's or MP3's nowadays,

most of my stuf is 192 or 320

J

CD quality is officially 172kps... so 192 and 320 especially is overkill!

you can't recreate the quality lost when transferring CD to mp3... because u lose a range of the music in order to compress it into a small file like mp3.

so even though you're encoding to mp3 at 192, it won't sound as good as a CD to trained ears.. it can't.

Even when you copy a CD with your computer, it's nothing like as good as the original to trained ears, you need professional cd copying equipment to make a 99% decent copy.

I've got a 40Gb Ipod.

The software is easy to use.

Takes a bit of time to import all your CD's but once they're on there, you don't need to use the computer again.

Battery life - about 6-8 hours, but you can buy an apaptor to take AA batteries if you can't get to a power point in time.

Is that the full 15 minute version Sam....... :thumbsup:

and do you have a portable MP3 or a car one??

My version of Rappers Delight is 13.3mb, 14 minutes 36 seconds, don’t make ‘em like they use to! :D

CD quality is officially 172kps... so 192 and 320 especially is overkill!

you can't recreate the quality lost when transferring CD to mp3... because u lose a range of the music in order to compress it into a small file like mp3.

so even though you're encoding to mp3 at 192, it won't sound as good as a CD to trained ears.. it can't.

Even when you copy a CD with your computer, it's nothing like as good as the original to trained ears, you need professional cd copying equipment to make a 99% decent copy.

hmm, i always thought it was 192 - well you learn something new every day!!!

yeah i understand what your saying about trained ears. An ex-friend was a DJ who used a damn laptop for his sets, didnt do anything but click & i must admit it did sound dodgy.

but to me MP3's are fine, ive been slightly deffened by nightclubs & my home & car stereo's so it doesnt really bother me :lol:

J

Righty ooooooooooo...

40gb ipod it is for the lil' lady. Oh what a lucky gal........ :D

Just gotta find somewhere to beat the £399 it is at ....

....Hang on lads, I've got a great idea............

....Hang on lads, I've got a great idea............

Sir Michael Caine in The Italian Job? :D

lucky lady indeed gords, splashin the cash aren't ya? :thumbsup:

try searching kelkoo.co.uk for a price, or even eBay... eBay is the saviour of the internet!

or buy an ibook and u get a ipod free.. :hokus-pokus:

or buy an ibook and u get a ipod free.. :hokus-pokus:

Freebie........cool. Just 2k on an ibokk to get an ipod :crybaby: