Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Ipods

gordypix

:arrgg-matey: Got some serious doughts over the Battery life of an ipod......

5-8 hours and it will eventually wear out so only Apple can replace it at a cost of up to £250..... :angry:

So, the Apple site says you need Windows 2000 to run the software for the ipod.

Does this mean there is no chance of it working on my windows 98 computer.......????

u kno wot gords.... i'm not sure about that

i'm sure it means 2000 or better, e.g. XP

i can't see why it wouldn't support 98 however, it's only a matter of getting the correct drivers surely.

5 hours isn't bad going when u think that 2 new batterires last 2-3 hours tops in a CD player!

I see what you're saying though m8, just have to be careful with it! charge it whenver u get the chance :thumbsup:

I'd not get one for the simple reason - the adverts make it look like you can only load sh*te music onto it ..

:rolleyes:

they're a fashion accessory, an overpriced mp3 player as used by 50 cent in P.I.M.P

they look cool, they hold alot of music, but at the end of the day its 300+ quid for an mp3 player!!! you can get a pretty decent home cinema system for this :o

i'm replacing my Panasonic SC-DT100 home cinema very shortly by the way, so anyone interested is welcome to ask a few questions about it... it's a great system but i've got my eyes on a harmon kardon 900 quid job :drool:

You can download aftermarket iPod software which runs on 98. www.ephpod.com from memory.

Firewire or USB2.0 is a must...

None of the other high capacity MP3 players are as easy to use as the iPod. Many offer more features - eg tiny colour screen for watching films, but the iPod is like Ronseal - it does exactly what it says on the tin.

The next best, and IMO a distant second is the Creative Zen MX.

Currently I've got about 190 albums on mine, made up of 274 artists (some complilation albums) and I can play music constantly for 6.2 days without repeating a single track - and its less than a 1/4 full!

Got three of 'em!

Mines an original 10Gig one,the other 2 r 40Gig kids pressies for B'day/Xmas...bought in Hong Kong.

There is a good website called ipodlounge which is great for any q's.

Cheers,

Buzzuk.

I see what you're saying though m8, just have to be careful with it! charge it whenver u get the chance :thumbsup:

The problem is - people wont be realising you should not re-charge them until completely dead as it will weaken the Battery slowly until it can't hold a charge properly anymore. Then that is when Apple sting you for a replacement Battery.