Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaned Engine

petemagsati

Before

203300961a4999965716l.jpg

After

203300961a5132403181l.jpg

Does anyone know how to clean the carpet type stuff at the rear of the engine bay? I tried soapy water but it still looks crap

Sweet! Mine looks like the first Pic :( Did you steam clean the bay or just use good ol elbow grease?

have you tried cillit bang? it apparently removes rust too!!

Good job! Mine looks worse than the first pic :P I certainly have to clean it too, but, hey, I own my corolla for 6 days now :D

can u teach me how to clean the engine??? thank you

Sure helped a lot!

My engine bay surely need cleaning aswell... Gotta be done latest next week so i can installmy towerbar in a clean area ;)

Sweet! Mine looks like the first Pic :( Did you steam clean the bay or just use good ol elbow grease?

Just elbow grease, wish I had a better way available, it took ages!

can u teach me how to clean the engine??? thank you

Just be careful around electrical connections with anything wet (particularly the battery). Even with the car off you could short something. Flash wipes/ car-cleaning wipes are good for getting it fairly clean, then use a cotton cloth (eg. old underpants) to prevent streaks on paintwork/plastic. I used car dashboard polish and the underpants for the engine cover and airbox. You may not be bothered with hoses/cables at first but that's what really makes the difference. Clean everything you can!

MAKE SURE you don't spray dashboard polish on anything other than the engine cover/airbox, its flammable and could possibly be corrosive on some materials in the engine. You can probably get a special cleaning polish for engines anyway that may be safer. I was very careful to do it when the engine was cold and gave it time to dry completely before starting it.