Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering By 40mm And Tyre Rubbing

doughal

Hello folks

I'm new on tis, looking for some advice have 2001 corollaE11 SR and want to lower it cause its like being ina bounching castle. I also want to put 17" rims on 205/40/17. Has anybody had problems wit rubbing when lowered 40mm?

Another Question: Where could i get lowering kit including struts and springs?

Cheers for any help! :thumbsup:

I have 30mm and 205/45 17 and rear is critical.

Think there's gonna be a problem with that 40mm...

I have a 99 1.3 e11 hatchback. I put Eibach 35mm springs and 195/50/15 tyres on and she rubs even when theres noone in the back. Its a bit of a nightmare, have to get the arches rolled and hopefully it will solve it!

i've a 99 e11 sr, lowered onto some blitz springs 35mm, and my wheels rub occasionally, they're r15/185/65

i have lowered my e11 40mm all round, and ive got 17" 205/45/17 and i get minimal arch rubbing, Ideally your alloys should have an offset above 40 or so, anything below 40 and arch rubbing will occur....

Cheers for the feedback folks will have to thread tis one carfully, 30-35 will do the trick did ye up-rate the shocks, i wouldn't change the springs without doing so. Maybe the firmness might minimise rubbing.

Cheers all

Anyother feedback welcome :thumbsup:

i have lowered my e11 40mm all round, and ive got 17" 205/45/17 and i get minimal arch rubbing, Ideally your alloys should have an offset above 40 or so, anything below 40 and arch rubbing will occur....

Thanks for feedback, Wat do u mean by alloy offset of 40 how do i know if alloys are set at 40??

Cheers

hey guys, i have a 1997 g6 lowered on k-sport coilovers on 17s with an et35 and i have minimal scrubbing even on rough b-roads at 60mph and i am lowered as low as possible!!

Thanks for all feedback have a Weitec Kit ordered 35mm shocks an all will see how we get on

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links