Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Passenger Headlight Bulb Replacement

tsporttinny

Hi all,

Anyone know how to change the headlight bulb on the passenger side, currently tried everything to get my hand in to release the clip but no luck. :crybaby::crybaby:

Anyone help :wacko:

Get yourself a set of...............

Smaller hands. :lol:

Very difficult to reach, I got my son to do it for me.

Hi all,

Anyone know how to change the headlight bulb on the passenger side, currently tried everything to get my hand in to release the clip but no luck. :crybaby::crybaby:

Go to Halfords!

They fitted mine as I couldnt. [but dont go to the one in Gateshead as they might refuse as it took so long, and many elastoplasts to fit them!]

blood sweat n tears goes in to changing the yaris headlight bulbs

but keep at it n it will come out eventually

The clip is a bit fiddly you have to push in move to the left ? (as your facing the front of the car) and then it comes out, i only knew how to do it by reading the manual it is tricky tho.

• 3 years later...

If fitting the clip feels difficult at the end, check your bulb is aligned correctly. If you put it in the wrong way round and the clip is a struggle to put on, it's even harder next time you try to remove it!!!

I have large hands and managed. A smear of vaseline on the back of your hands helps movement.. Smear - not a lot...

I removed nothing.. but placed apeice of folded newspaper under the light to catch anything I dropped. (which I duly did - and missed the paper and fell into the engine undertray.. retrieved with a magnet on a stalk tool)

Get a Toyota dealer to do it. If you purchase the lamp from them (no doubt 24k gold fittings) they'll change it for nowt.

"Free bulb fitting covers the bulb only, excluding the lens and is only available on UK specification vehicles. Only applicable to genuine Toyota bulbs purchased from the fitting Toyota Centre or Service Outlet."

Hi all,

Go to Halfords!

They fitted mine as I couldnt. [but dont go to the one in Gateshead as they might refuse as it took so long, and many elastoplasts to fit them!]

You need a pair of long nose or snipe nosed pliers. A cheap pair from the pound shop will suffice. Undo the clip one leg at a time, so that it does not spring out and disappear!

Regards Geoff Peace.

• 2 years later...

Just changed the headlight bulb on my 58 reg car. Very tight space but didn't have to remove anything