Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's This Body Kit ?

dreamcatcher

Saw this on eBay and whilst I'm not a fan of the oversize bumpers, I do fancy the skirts on my AE92.

Anyone know what the kit is and where it's sold ? I presume the skirts would be available seperately ?

All assistance gratefully received as I asked the guy who's selling it and he didn't know - apparently the car was sold to him with the kit fitted.

Cheers guys.

Pete

rollakit2.jpg

rollakit1.jpg

i dont think its gonna wash down to well with members, personally that kit nearly made me vomit, and i feel that you should not butcher a toyota in such a way (however it is your car and at the end of the day if you want to butcher it there is little i can realistically do to prevent you)

He only wants the skirts guys so lay off a bit! the bumpers are ridiculous but the skirts are ok.

Good luck finding them!

yeah the skirts look alright, the rear bumper is a bit out there lol, try your local body styling stores or get catalouges. HTH

OK guys calm down, I share your dislike for the kit as a whole and would never consider fitting those bumpers to anything, let alone my baby !

The reason I wanted the skirts is that they dont look unlike the standard GTi ones, but do extend a bit around the rear arches - I've got a manky rear arch and the skirts would have concealed the crap !!

So, if anyone has any idea where I might find these items I'd be grateful for the help.

Cheers

Pete

OK guys calm down, I share your dislike for the kit as a whole and would never consider fitting those bumpers to anything, let alone my baby !

The reason I wanted the skirts is that they dont look unlike the standard GTi ones, but do extend a bit around the rear arches - I've got a manky rear arch and the skirts would have concealed the crap !!

So, if anyone has any idea where I might find these items I'd be grateful for the help.

Cheers

Pete

Why don't you fix the 'crap' with the money you would spend on the skirts, paint and labour? Surely that is going to work out a) cheaper and B) look better.

Joe

Cheers mate - that was really helpful......................

sorry for the joke, i just cant see anything good in that kit

by the way, be careful whit the inside of the skirts, my ae92 it was all rusty in that area

Why don't you fix the 'crap' with the money you would spend on the skirts, paint and labour? Surely that is going to work out a) cheaper and B) look better.

Joe

Would love to - problem is that I need the car on a daily basis and can't afford for it to be stuck in a body shop for days on end. Really just need someone to stitch in a new rear arch for me, I can do the finishing (filling, paint etc) so if anyone knows of someone near J6 of the M25 who fancies a Saturday morning cash job, please let me know, I'll even supply the repair panel - I just need the old arch cut out and the new on welded in.

The other thing is that as my GTi is metallic black it comes with moulded black bumpers and skirts (which don't match the paint and are a pain to prep for paint) so the skirts in that kit would have been easier to paint.

As usual, it's a labour of love though, and the list of little jobs to do doesnt get any shorter - and all this before I can even consider that supecharged conversion !!

I'll post some pics when stuff gets done though so you can all sympathise with my plight !!

• 2 weeks later...

i know the guy who used to have that car, i was there when it come out of bodyshop, he made the kit himself as he worked for a bodykit shop that made fibreglass kits. it has no sunroof as he got it smoothed off. the front bumper is actually a rear bumper and the rear bumper is off a honda civic.. but then again when you work with fibreglass you can do anything with kits..