Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris In Car Audio Problems.

YoyotaTaris

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I am looking forward to being a regular member of these forums.

Ok, just to summarise, I got myself this HeadUnit, and I just finished installing it a few hours ago.

IMG_0951.jpg

This is a picture of the connections to the stock Toyota tape recorder. When I was connecting my new head unit, I couldnt find anywhere to connect the Far Left and the Far right connections.

Could someone just confirm to me what they are for? I suspect one of them is the Radio antenna, and the other one is for the door Speakers of the Yaris (since neither the Radio or the door Speakers are working for me).

Thank you for reading.

i used to do the same thing too -connecting my own new headunit to my late celica..but that was before and the connection is simple compare to ur headunit...anyhow, i hope i can help u tho..

1st - the far left (black thick wire) is the radio antenna wire, so u should not have any problem with the radio..

2nd - the new headunit must've its own connection (different from the original), so as a start, u jz have to connect the 3 main wires - live, ground and ...(what do u call that wire?)

3rd - check the manual for the position of the speaker's wire or u can check it urself by connecting a tweeter to the new connection (make sure u have a good ground system)

4th - check again w friends who has experience..

Hey, thank you for replying.

@DaveSR, do you mean the connection on the far right is the one for door Speakers? I bought the Toyota Iso lead, and connected it to the 2 middle connections, but I couldnt find anywhere to connect the one for the door Speakers.

And as for the Radio antenna, I checked out the manual and found where I am suppose to connect the antenna, but the connection just doesnt fit.

I think I might be missing a few adapters. Any suggestions?

I will go to Halfords tomorrow and get that adapter for the antenna connection. As for the Door Speakers, does anyone know how to connect them to an Alpine HU? Only the front 2 Speakers are working atm.

And also, can someone confirm to me that the far right connection really is for the door Speakers?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this post, the far right on is for the display and volume control, I think, I had a Dension Ice-link and it was connected to the right one. As you will not use the volumecontrol and display (this will be done on the new HU) I think you just leave this unplugged. I will install a Alpine this weekend so I hope this is right....:-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links