Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Elise In Disguise

Rollo

Hi all,

I've just had my 2004 T Sport for a week and I'm loving it! :thumbsup:

I was looking up some stuff on the net about the car (as you do). I guess most people here know that the 2ZZ-GE engine also powers the Celica, but it was news to me that it also beats at the heart of the Lotus Series 2 Elise and Exige! Is this common knowledge? It certainly put a smile on my face! :D

Check it out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Exige

and about the engine generally:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine

Cheers!

LOL - I wasn't planning a race!

The Elise is obviously much quicker, mainly because (1) it's more aerodynamic and (2) even more importantly, it weighs very little because it's made of aluminium and glass fibre, in keeping with the Lotus philosophy of achieving performance by reducing weight.

The point I was trying to make is, out of all the engines available Lotus selected the 2ZZ-GE because they considered it the best for the job:

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/elise_engine.html

Yeah i knew!

YouTube it mate...top gear have done a review on it :)

Cheers

MarK

<snip>

...it was news to me that it also beats at the heart of the Lotus Series 2 Elise and Exige! Is this common knowledge? It certainly put a smile on my face! :D

Welcome to the club.

There are so many CTS owners feeling a little smug about this that the poor little smug has finally handed in its notice!

I wish you many happy miles.

• 4 weeks later...

iu wonder if the compressor could maybe give it a quick go - or a heavily modified compressor but thats just a othught lol

iu wonder if the compressor could maybe give it a quick go - or a heavily modified compressor but thats just a othught lol

I reckon the only way a T Sport Compressor is guaranteed to keep up with an R variant Elise is if you drop them off of a cliff at the same time.

There's hardly any weight in the Elise to hold the powerplant back or contribute to understeer so I can't see there being much of a contest. I'd love to see it tried on Top Gear though.

Ina straight line the Compressor might have the edge on the elise s 134bhp. But as soon as you hit the brakes and corner your stuffed lol :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links