Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sr

Surinder

Hello everyone,

Been away for a long time, but i may be owning another toyota again after a 5 year break.

I looking to buy an 06 Corolla SR. Can any one advise what to look out for (common faults etc)?

Thanks,

Surinder..

Hello everyone,

Been away for a long time, but i may be owning another toyota again after a 5 year break.

I looking to buy an 06 Corolla SR. Can any one advise what to look out for (common faults etc)?

Thanks,

Surinder..

Don't think you find much wrong with them. They are pretty reliable cars with few faults reported. You could look for bubbling on the standard alloys though and these should be replaced via the warranty.

You could always go for a Colour collection and then add the parts you want. I'm doing my T3 up at the mo and instead of blacked out windows I'm going to go for a Blue tint (to match the colour of my car) and also maybe get a different spoiler. Just a thought.

G

cool, paid the deposit today and should get it later this week. Took it for a test drive, quite impressed with the engines pulling power.

but seeing as we're upgrading from an Corsa 998cc , even a shopping trolley is impressive..

Im suprised they havent fixed the bubbling alloys, my Yaris suffered from that.

Brake discs and pads are not the best look at them they are worn out easly at 45.000km on the clock and ( don,t no of i wrought it wright ) Stains on the seatcovers from raindrops when you open the doors, the raindrops than fall on your seatcovers leving spots behind

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Surinder..

So what SR did you buy and what colour?

Had a few problems with mine, but nothing major. Got 17k on the clock now, and so far have suffered from a squeaky clutch pedal (fixed), window wiper failure (offside whilst in the rain, not pleasant experience at all, but now fixed) and the sump cladding became lose (still to fix, but will do this myself). Other than that I've enjoyed the car, and performance wise it's not too bad for what is basically a bog standard 1.6 Corolla with a few extras bolted on!

Heard about the rain marks on the seats, something to do with the flame resistant coating. Apparantly if you moan enough at them they will recover the seats.

I went for an 07 plate 2.0 D4D Diesel model, in a dark gray color.

Heard about the rain marks on the seats, something to do with the flame resistant coating. Apparantly if you moan enough at them they will recover the seats.

I went for an 07 plate 2.0 D4D Diesel model, in a dark gray color.

Nice! Get some photos up for us to see once you've taken delivery! :thumbsup:

Gaps around CD players are normal on rola's. Would appear a very bad YTS fitting job which is annoying. Anyone found out how to solve this problem?

Water dripping from open doors an issue on rola's, also happens after rain water still on car and windows open. One way to solve this is wind deflectors but won't solve when door fully open.

Also, rear parcel shelf clips can snap easily when removing and inserting the parcel shelf, little TLC needed here, I snapped one and other people I know done theirs as well. This can be costly as Mr T won't supply the clip but will give you a complete new parcel shelf as comes with it! Stupid! Brakes are good but as someone else stated they can wear down quickly, depends how you drive! Apart from that, sound car, you will be very happy with it. :yahoo:

Hi Surinder

It's great to hear from you after all this time mate. You missing a Toyota are we now :yahoo: You know what to do my friend splash the cash and get yourself behind a decent motor again. Keep in touch mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

i think you will find that there is a recall on the gap problem around the cd player there is a improved bracket to stop this happerning if i remember correctly

:thumbsup:

i think you will find that there is a recall on the gap problem around the cd player there is a improved bracket to stop this happerning if i remember correctly

:thumbsup:

My previous 52 plate T3 use to suffer from this, but, touch wood, had no problems with the new motor. They attempted to fix my T3, but after a few weeks it returned to how it was and I gave up!

Had the car a day and a bit now, well happy with it.

Not as loud as i thought it would be and pick up is fantastic.

I will post some pictures up when i get a chance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links