Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking About This Kit....

Nippon

Do you use the origional sidelights with this kit?

I've priced up loads of different bits from all over and it comes to more than 900quid...

Also, do you reckon it will be a apin in the ***** trying to get it over speedbumps?

Also, there's a pretty rough slope before the gates where I work.....

Hmmmm.... I might consider one of them.... Group Buy!

As far as I know, the original fogs and sidelights are binned,in favour of something else, also if you're car is Jap the the side repeaters will go too......

That £900 quid doesn't include the spoiler, but I suppose you have a choice in that dept.....AB Styling do the same kit

Front bumper/rear bumper and Skirts for £1255....so sabre are a bit cheaper.....

As for the speedbump issue, there is a guy who lives down my street who has this kit fitted and I followed him home one night and yes he did have to crawl over them, however his car is lower than the pic on that site.....so much so that he has about 60-70MM clearance between his front bumper and the road surface.......looks mean as tho'

Only thing I personally don't like about his is that he has put an alloy wing on......and it looks a bit cheap !!!

Hmmmm bring on the spring !! :D

Aah, that's OK.

My car will be UK spec. So what would be used as sidelights/indicators?

Bit dubious about this bit. I was going to change the fogs anyway... so that doesn't matter.

Anyone know?

If you look on my Avatar Pic, it is a black version of the same kit.....( more or less ), you can just see the lights in the front scoop....I read an artical about the kit somewhere that said to use side light and Indicators from a Honda......I'll see if I can find it again....

Thanks!

It'll make the difference of me getting the kit or not. I saw in the the veilside website ages ago and it was mega-dollars.... before shipping the the UK and import tax.

So this is ideal. :thumbsup:

Your best bet would be a Honda dealer.......after speding a couple of grand on your new kit it seems a bit of a waste to stick second hand lights on it !

And also, on that Erebuni site they say that sidemarkers can be used from supras or any other car, as long as they are bigger than the hole. Does this means there will be a hole in the side of the bumper?

Mine will be a UK spec... I can't have two side repeaters!

And... I've found a picture of the crx sidelights, they're a bit friggin big.

CRX Sidelights

And also, on that Erebuni site they say that sidemarkers can be used from supras or any other car, as long as they are bigger than the hole. Does this means there will be a hole in the side of the bumper?

CRX Sidelights

I think that was for the Erebuni kit, the Sabre kit may not have the side repeater holes...if it does they can always be filled before it's painted.

Me like that. I think it looks sweet as!

Hmmm not bad, I think that is an inferior kit as the panel gaps look a bit large where the front bumper meets the wing, also on the rear drivers side air vent, the geezer down my street paid about £1800 to get his fitted but it looks like it came from the factory like that...it really is that good !!

Veilside kits (which this is a copy of) look okay on Big cars .. but in my opinion the MR2 is too small to pull this off and look good.

On a small car it looks too busy ..

CRX Sidelights

Just spoke to the guy on Scoobynet about his motor, and he's used standard MR2 corners lights...clear ones tho' on specially made brackets !!!

Hmmm not bad, I think that is an inferior kit as the panel gaps look a bit large where the front bumper meets the wing, also on the rear drivers side air vent, the geezer down my street paid about £1800 to get his fitted but it looks like it came from the factory like that...it really is that good !!

I see what u mean about the gaps.

But i always look at stuff with blurred vision ;), hehe, and tend to miss things like that.

One thing tho. Can gaps like that be filled to give it a total smooth look?

Cos thats what i'd want done to my car. I actually HATE gaps inbetween sections like that.

-Z

I was thinking of getting mine smoothed over but...

If you have the slightest of knocks, the filler will crumble and drop out.... leaving you needing it spraying again....

There was one in a recent copy of Revs that had this kit fitted, I'm sure he'd had it de-seamed......I'm sure they don't just fill the gaps with filler.............maybe you could have the wings knocked back a bit and have it bonded in with fibreglass......I'll see I f I can locate some pics.....

I've seen loads of cars with the skirts blended in and they look great....

If a layer of fibreglass is sandwiched between the kit and the original panels around the joints, then filled, it shouldnt crack.

The only problem then is replacing panels after a bump.

Russ