Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye Gt4 - Sorry I Killed You

Leeky

:crybaby:

Its a sad time for me at the moment, on Saturday i lost control of the GT4 in the wet and subsequently crashed into a VW Golf.

Lack of ABS and driving as though the road was dry are the reasons for this happening.

The damage is mearly cosmetic and will cost me less than 200 pounds to fix but its the heartache of knowing i have damaged another celica. This exact thing happened to my 98 GT.

I think maybe im a little too wild in a sports car and im selling the GT4 once its fixed because i cant stand the thought of hurting such a car again.

Im going to get a BMW 740i in the new year as i have always wanted one and i think id like to have a little more comfort than the rather basic interior of a celica.

I will still be a full time member of this forum and will at some point buy another toyota next year to tinker with as a hobby.

I will still turn up at any meets planned as long as the rest of you dont mind a non Toyota Car turning up :)

unlucky matey :(

sure youll still be made welcome

just dont leave ya foglights on or tailgate anyone

:thumbsup:

BMW 740i.....

Hmmm much heavier car.......mix with rear wheel drive....and driving on wet roads as if they were dry........

I can see the headlines now !!! :D :D

What do u mean lack of ABS. dont ur GT4 has ABS??!??!?!

it is sad to see u let go of GT4... and i just got my airfilter and exhaust done ...thanks for ur pass advices dude! :crybaby::crybaby: B)

Bugger thats a shame mate :crybaby::crybaby:

When you looking at getting rid of the GT4??

hehe swaping the gt4 for a 740! nutter make sure you get the 4.4 version there 4.0 had a problem so they upgraded it and also none of that LWB crap :thumbsup::thumbsup: You could allways go for an 840 :drool: Big mean driving machine :lol::lol:

Or upgrade to a supra :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So GT4, I guess u r truly saying goodbye to the beloved GT4 :crybaby: Well if u hv decided that u really want to sell it its up to u but make sure that is exactly what u intend to do b/c u don't want to ever regret it. I had a 77 Camaro and had if totally modded and fresh paint and everything. I lost control of it racing and it was totalled, so I know how it feels to damage your car. Just make sure that u really want to sell it, the good news is the GT4 was not seriously damaged and u r ok as well :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, i appreciate all your comments.

The GT4 is going to be repaired early January. Im ordering the new parts today but i dont want to start it until after christmas now.

Knowlson is that true about the 4ltr? See the 4ltr is faster and better on the economy than the 4.4 so i was going to go for that.

What is the problem with the 4ltr?

The 4.4 only does 21mpg so if thats the case i may as well have the 5.5 V12 that does 19mpg

I wanted the 4ltr because they are cheaper than the 4.4, they are a lot faster and do 25mpg

By the way im going for the Sport version with Triptronic Box and the Short wheelbase. No need to get the LWB like you said, things big enough as it is. :lol:

Knowlson is that true about the 4ltr? See the 4ltr is faster and better on the economy than the 4.4 so i was going to go for that.

The 4.4 only does 21mpg so if thats the case i may as well have the 5.5 V12 that does 19mpg

I wanted the 4ltr because they are cheaper than the 4.4, they are a lot faster and do 25mpg

By the way im going for the Sport version with Triptronic Box and the Short wheelbase. No need to get the LWB like you said, things big enough as it is.  :lol:

On some of the "early" 4.0 there was a problem with the cylinder heads there was a recall thats why most people go for the 4.4 :thumbsup:

If your looking at the Triptronic SWB it must be a newer one anyway so you wont have a prob with the engine your looking at 12k+ for one :thumbsup: Youy could allways save and get a nice 540 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: cant belive you MPG down mate :lol::lol::lol: they there cack with MPG :lol:

If you have the money dude get the 750 v12 go for that mate that baby has serious amounts of power belive me its quick as :censor:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: cant belive you MPG down mate  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  they there cack with MPG

Huh? Sorry dude i dont understand.

Yeah id love a 750 v12 but its the insurance - OHHH MY GOD

Im not too sure about the 740 now, i dont want the 4.4 because its hardly worth it seeing as its slower than the 4ltr and as bad on economy as the 5.5ltr

I know these arent economical cars but seeing as im not going to be racing the thing around like the GT4 it should prove better on the wallet.

:( What to do!????

tbh, I bet the 740 will cost you miles more to run than the GT4, and everyone will think you are a t :censor: t (that's what I always think when I see a big fat beema, terrible I know but just playing percentages).

Keep the GT4 as it is leagues ahead of the beema when it comes to roadholding and handling...

everyone will think you are a t :censor: t

Why is that dude?

No one else has said that, or is that what everyone thinks?

I'd like your honest opinions because i dont obviously want to look like a t :censor: t.

As far as costs go i can sell the GT4, buy a 7 series and have a few grand left over.

And as far as handling goes, well for a start im not buying one to drive fast. Obviously the size of the thing is a reason. But the 5 and 7 series have always had a good reputation as good cars to drive. They are praised for handling well. Havent driven one yet but will make my mind up once i have done.

I Fancy a change away from Sports cars.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: cant belive you MPG down mate  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  they there cack with MPG

Huh? Sorry dude i dont understand.

Yeah id love a 750 v12 but its the insurance - OHHH MY GOD

Im not too sure about the 740 now, i dont want the 4.4 because its hardly worth it seeing as its slower than the 4ltr and as bad on economy as the 5.5ltr

I know these arent economical cars but seeing as im not going to be racing the thing around like the GT4 it should prove better on the wallet.

:( What to do!????

I mean they like to drink mate the mpg that bmw quote are :censor: :lol::lol::lol: it will be well cack on petrol mate loads worse then the GT4 Dont know how many miles you do a week but it wont be nice to the wallet :( :(

Dont mean too put you off it mate :( It just depends on what year you are going for :thumbsup:740 or a 530 are your best bet :thumbsup: or Just get a 330d :thumbsup: good on petrol and loads of torque :thumbsup:

Oh I hate BMW's

I dont think you would look like a ****** but I would know you work in IT :lol:

:lol::lol:

how can the 4.4 possibly be slower than the 4.0? makes no sense to me :wacko:

sorry to hear about the car m8.. if its only 200 quids damage though it sounds like u've been looking for a reason to change your car for a while now!

change is good, we all need change :thumbsup:

I think you'll find a 740 is a very thirsty beast. The engine is pretty big, and the car is heavy. You're more likely to see 15 - 20 MPG, more likely on the 15MPG side of that range. Also, at your kind of age, I would have thought it would be an expensive beast to insure.....

If you calm down a bit and treat your GT4 with some respect, you should be fine, just don't drive it like a maniac!! Treat your accident as a warning, and learn from it. Luckly for you you didn't do too much damage.

there's nowt wrong with beemer's gt4_wrc, I like them.

so here's what you do to solve your mpg issues;

get a 330d, or a 530d

then CHIP it, this will give you SILLY amounts of torque, very very silly. It will obliterate anything away at the lights short of a pigani zonda :lol:

good diesel engines + chip = best mod ever.

nice on your wallet, fast enough to seriously embarass saxo's, more than enough acceleration to overtake comfortably, it's a bmw.

You drumstick Lee......... :arrgg-matey:

Sorry about your car and the fact that you are now resigned to sell it, but mate....Have a re-think. You have done a great job getting it to what you want and all the hard work you done on the decals should persuade you to keep it longer. :thumbsup:

It's unique and it's yours........ :thumbsup:

If you do sell it then it is up to you what car you get and good luck with it. Don't disappear from TOC, cos you have made great contributions over the time you have been onboard.

Get a Supra mate :thumbsup:

You drumstick Lee......... :arrgg-matey:

Sorry about your car and the fact that you are now resigned to sell it, but mate....Have a re-think. You have done a great job getting it to what you want and all the hard work you done on the decals should persuade you to keep it longer. :thumbsup:

It's unique and it's yours........ :thumbsup:

If you do sell it then it is up to you what car you get and good luck with it. Don't disappear from TOC, cos you have made great contributions over the time you have been onboard.

Get a Supra mate :thumbsup:

Thanks gordy but unfortunately...................the decals are no more :unsure:

The accident ripped a load of them off and i really dont want to repair them so i have whipped them off which makes a nice change to have a completely white and debadged celica again.

Its a very VERY tough decision to make, my dad thinks i should by the BMW. I'd love the comfort and all the electronic toys.

Cost does scare me and the insurance is expensive. Im worried about the image i will have with the beemer and the image i will loose from the GT4.

I do feel that i have learned from the accident, even though its rather minor compared to previous ones i have learnt the most from this one.

Its looking like my car will be back to its original glory for no more than £300, and the dude i hit will be no more than £500 (less damage to his car but labour cost on his).

Im thinking that im going to take one step at a time, first i'll fix the car then decide what im going to do. You never know i may get a Supra.

At the moment too many thoughts are running through my head.

Unfortunately like i said the Castrol Graphics have gone :( , but now i have gone back to the pure brilliant white that i was before :)

leee!!!! 330d + chip!!!!!!!

:lol:

So what kind performance are we talking about here?

Parkers say its 0-60 is 7.8secs..................i bloody hope the chip improves that

41.5mpg sounds good and 141 top speed also nice.

But if i went to the dark side (i.e. non Jap Car) it wouldnt be for a 3 series, every tom ***** or harry has one.

go for a 530 then!, diesels arent about 0-60 m8, they're all about TORQUE!

doing my dad's a4 soon to 350torque :fear::help: it'll have about 200bhp but that's not important

the torque will just rage away from anything, but anyway.. you said you wanted to slow down ;)

just think of the extra cash in your pocket with 40mpg, diesel is the way forward :help::thumbsup:

The MPG appeals to me. But whats good bout all that torque?

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid, i always thought torque translated into pulling power. Which in turn would mean quick off the lights. But if the 0-60 is 7.8 secs its fast i'll give you that but not SUPER fast. Or do you mean that it fast concidering its gonna return 40 to the gallon?

ok;

40mpg and 0-60 in 7 seconds with a chip is quick and a great economical combination

the 3.0d engine from bmw delivers more torque than their M3 does! even more than a porsche 911. :huh:

it's stats are about 288lbft torque and 204bhp + chip = extra 40bhp and 50lbft torque =

240+bhp & 340torque :o :help:

this is a hell of a performer m8, you seriously can't complain with that in a diesel motor. :D

You have the bmw luxuries and toys etc, you have an economical engine (probably about 35mpgs after the chip), you have a fast motor.

it's different to your gt4 m8, obviously it's rwd as opposed to 4wd.. you have so much power to overtake (which is the important thing really let's face facts). :bookworm:

it's not going to corner and hold like a GT4 but then if that's what you want... keep the gt4 or buy a subaru?

If i had the money to get a 330/530d I wouldn't hesitate :thumbsup::yes:

Thanks guys, i appreciate all your comments.

The GT4 is going to be repaired early January. Im ordering the new parts today but i dont want to start it until after christmas now.

By the way im going for the Sport version with Triptronic Box and the Short wheelbase. No need to get the LWB like you said, things big enough as it is. :lol:

mine drinks fuel like nobodies business... and to be honest i am sick of it.

spend a fortune to sit in traffic.

bigger engine means big bills... no way round it.

i wouldnt mind trading in my soarer for a GT4 at some point...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links