Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kits

Bibbs

Goes to show how important brand name and aesthetics are if you wanna sell a product, the crappest one practiclly is the highest selling :wacko:

I like Apexi stuff, seems to be built with function first followed by style, and they usually do it quite well........

Yeah I remember this from a while back. The Blitz filters were simply shocking, esp. considering those people who swear by them!!

i'll never own a foam style filter of any make pipercross, ram air, HKS etc I once had a very expensive VIPER kit, it lasted 3 months untill i removed it as on routine inspection bits had been 'sucked' off the filter, so effectively it let bits of foam into my engine :censor: i then went and got a Blitz as thats not going to fall apart stainless mesh.

I was thinkin of fitting an K&N 57i Induction Kit to mine. Is it easy to fit and does it give you more response?

nah.....

It's sad.... Why pretend to own a ferrari...

no offense mate.. as everyone has their own views.... but to me... I don't think good.

How can I be sad Jimlad your the one wearing a baseball cap down the high street. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ferrari Kit earns me money, its been on telly, at exhibitions etc.

REMEMBER ITS STILL AN MR2, JUST A BODY KIT. :boxing:

I Can't afford a real one so this is the nearest I can get. Beside its alot of :censor: good fun, you have no idea! :fishyface:

I was thinkin of fitting an K&N 57i Induction Kit to mine. Is it easy to fit and does it give you more response?

I stuck one into my N/A MR2 and it was a piece of *****.

U clear so much junk out from the old air system, it's mad s**t!

I think i felt a crisper and smoother response on the throttle but i dunno how much of that was real or imaginary :)

sounds mint tho.

-Z

gotta stick with jimlad on this one, i have never once seen a ferrari kit that you couldn't piuck hoels in for fit, it kills the handling of a superb car and it is a massive waste of money in terms of what else you could have done to the car, think the cap down the high street is much more likely to be someone who drives an mr2 with a ferrari kit....

again just my opininon but what a waste of a superb car....

I have to say i'm with jim, the ferrari kits not for me but at the end of the day if it makes you money then thats fair enough, the question is has it paid off the cost of doing it yet?

I wonder what ferrari drivers think of it all....

Matt. :)

After the cost of an MR2, the kit, fitting, painting, 9 INCH REAR SPACERS !!!

I'd rather go out and buy a real 308 ..

Don't treat me like Saddam! :saddam:

Who cares, it great fun. I've had 3 standard MR2's over the years and I've always loved them. This time I wanted something different with the MR2. Most people say the original MR2 MK1 and MK2 are similar to the design of Ferrari. So it is a great donor car. Best of both worlds! I'll drink to that! :beer:

Besides I'm not on this site to rip into my car, I would rather like to talk about the MR2. So be nice I'm new. :unsure:

Sorry fella .. it's one of those marmite things for MR2 owners .. and I know a load of people don't like what I've done to my car - but I don't care either !! It's all about having an MR2.

Exactly, your right. You know if I didn't put a pic in of my car no-body would be any wiser, as its still an MR2.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Man i feel bad, i didn't mean to affend.....

Just out of interest is it a turbo underneath? Have you done anything to the engine? does it drive the same as a standerd MR2? It must weigh more, do you have any issues with the spacers you have to put on the rear wheels, does it effect the handleing at all?

Matt, now quite interested! :lol:

It's a Turbo mate.. I guess he's also done a few bits to it as he says he's pushing 280BHP.

That's what I'm roughly hitting (estimated) and I have performance exhaust, Performance Downpipe, Air Filter, Chip. Hitting 15PSI.

I bought the MR2 Turbo from a friend which he had a report from a rolling road of around the 280bhp mark. Its on a 92 model, not sure the full list of mods but I know the engine has been chipped and the boost is up to 14-15psi. Exhaust was custom made. All other mods were done in Japan. Its got traction control - but I'm not sure if its working. :huh:

The spacers are fitted to the rear only, but I've had the car nearly 2 and half years and there doesn't seem to be a problem yet. Rear tyres are 18/35/265 and they are huge. The wheel over hangs the spacer so as not to put to much pressure on the bearings. If I took the car on a race curcuit I would have thought it could be a problem. A friend has one too and drives his very hard and he too hasn't suffered any probs.

The handling is definately a problem in the wet as the rears are massive, plus the turbo boost kicking in, but its not a complete nightmare you do get used to it. :!Removed!:

In the dry its excellent, it feels the same as before the kit was fitted. The ride is firm but not harsh. The kit was done from a mate of mine and in all fairness its streets ahead of the other Ferrari style kits i.e. popular ones like ISH kits, Fiero etc. The weight is slightly heavier but all the front was removed only the rear wings, roof and doors of the original car still remain. I didn't notice it seemed much heavier when I drive but I believe it must be. :yes:

I am amazed just how durable the MR2 is. Best all round sportscar. :thumbsup:

Have to say the Ferrari kit looks ok from the front :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same.

There's a REALLY well done kit like that on an MR2 in Leeds. The guy's gone the whole hog, full leathered interior, with logos imprinted into em etc.

As much as i h8 to say it, it really does look nice.

At the end of the day if YOUR car to do what you want with it. And if you're like me u love it no matter what ne1 esle says. :thumbsup:

My 2... :D