Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Liquid Levels In Battery Not Checked During Service At Toyota Dealers

toyato

Had my Avensis serviced in beginning of June at a Toyota dealer. Noticed car started more 'problematic' recently. Checked liquid levels in Battery and found out that it needed a decent amount of water to top it up.

Now my question is: I would expect the garage to check this during the service. All the garages I have been to before have done this automatically. However, I looked at the checklist of the service and checking the level of liquid in the Battery does not seem to be part of that. If it isn't, wouldn't you think that is a bad thing: the Battery corrodes a lot faster that way.

Main problem that I have with it is: never paid so much for services before, but in the past (when I paid less) I knew that at least all the basics were covered - now that does not seem to be the case anymore. Are (or better said: should) the current generations of batteries maintenance free perhaps ? Also in general: shouldn't you be at least advised during a service which 'consumables' better be replaced/need attention before the next service is due ? Or do I happen to take my car to a lousy dealer that is not very reliable. Great to have people servicing your car that have lots of knowledge about it, but can't be bothered to do the most essential things to keep the running costs low. How do I know on which parts I have to keep an eye myself ? Don' really know as I never really had to before - so much for full service history at a Toyota dealer !

Anyone else has bad experiences with similar 'basics' being overseen during services ? I've already got more bad history with them - perhaps I'll post these later on.

Write to the dealer about your problems also inform them that you will be contacting Toyota customer care. That is what I would do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links