Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris D4d Rear View Mirror Vibrations

Tripper1

Yaris T spirit D4D Nov 06, ( This is the 5door car) Problem occurs at 2800/3000 rpm, in any gear. Mirror has been replaced.

Terrible on M Ways, Been back as you for three days of testing, 3months ago, They 've ruled engine vibes, still waiting for an answer. I understand its happens only on the D4D. Been back today people are away on hols will post more when i get answers or RESULT?????.

Tripper1

that sounds extremely annoying, personally I have no idea what it could be - unless the windscreen/side bars of the windscreen arent as secure as they are really meant to be.

Have they tried replacing the windscreen?

There was a similar problem on here recently and from memory I believe replacing the windscreen sorted it :thumbsup:

This happens on my Corolla SR D-4D as well, i agree it can be annoying. Last night in the dark and rain i had to be extra carefull changing lanes.

I've only had the car a week so assummed it was an annoying trait.

I'm sure mine doesn't, but then t jiggles up and down so much that a little extra from the rear view mirror's not going to make much difference!

:lol:

A

that sounds extremely annoying, personally I have no idea what it could be - unless the windscreen/side bars of the windscreen arent as secure as they are really meant to be.

:)

The Windshield as Part of the Car’s Safety System

The windshield is a critical component of a car's safety system. As a safety device, its role is to stay in place and keep occupants inside the vehicle during impact. The windshield serves as the backboard for the inflating passenger side airbag. If a windshield is not installed properly, it can dislodge in a collision and separate from the base material (pinchweld). Windshield separation during an accident could result in an unbelted occupant being ejected from the vehicle and severely injured. It is hence very important that the windshield stays in place in case of a crash.www.sika.co.uk

so you see windshields really are as secure as they are meant to be, they are bonded in with sikaflex and are very very tough, i have fitted bonded glass in many cars so i thought this might interest you :thumbsup: