Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Parking Sensor

suction_cups

Hi,

Just received my new company car Avensis 2.0 D4D T3X with parking sensors.

However it doesn't seem to be working. Is their a switch or something in case you are towing etc?

Thanks.

If you have had the TPA800 kit ( front and rear)or TPA 400 kit fitted yes there is a switch to turn on or off and on the verso its down on the right side of the steering wheel but on the Avensis I am not sure

I did have a problem with the rear sensors they stopped working and it turned out to be a dry joint which was sorted out by the dealer in 15 minutes

Hi, I have the same model, estate version. On mine there is a switch under the rear floor cover. This is so you can switch it off when towing a caravan/trailer as it would not give an accurate detection when reversing. If yours is the liftback it could be in the same place. Hope this helps.

Unless you have a towbar fitted you dont usually have a cancellation switch fitted with the tpa400 kit (rear sensors only)

What exactly is the problem? Not beeping, sensors picking up when not near anything etc etc?

If the car is still in warranty take it back to them and get them to fix it.

the usual problem i get at work with these kits is the power cable/wire not plugged into the ecu box or the buzzer/beeper not plugged in.

If you want to take a look yourself you will need to look behind the n/s/r panel in the boot. Everything should be fitted here as the kit takes the +ve feed from the reverse light.

Any questions just ask :)

Mart

Hi,

However it doesn't seem to be working. Is their a switch or something in case you are towing etc?

Thanks.

I had the same problem with my new Avensis - there is indeed a switch, but it can be put anywhere in the boot area, so you'll need to do an inch by inch inspection of the whole of the boot until you find it. It's about the size of a 1pence coin, black in colour. Mine was located on the plastic moulding around the top of the boot, towards the rear left passenger seat. Happy hunting!

Hi,

Thanks.

I had the same problem with my new Avensis - there is indeed a switch, but it can be put anywhere in the boot area, so you'll need to do an inch by inch inspection of the whole of the boot until you find it. It's about the size of a 1pence coin, black in colour. Mine was located on the plastic moulding around the top of the boot, towards the rear left passenger seat. Happy hunting!

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice, the button was underneath the boot flooring on the passenger side, halfway up.

It's about the size of a 5p piece.

It's now working perfectly.

Once again thanks. :D

• 9 years later...
Reversing Sensors "Suddenly" stopped working on my Toyota Corolla Verso. Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread. Suffered the same problem as described after accessing the slung under spare even though it was on a Verso and not an Avensis. Never thought of something as obvious as a switch which on my Toyota (Corolla) Verso D-4D 2007 was as in some of the descriptions in the nearside rear inner trim. (Needed to remove the vanity cover and also I think the lights cover to see it) but then there it was as described a black rocker switch about the size of a 5 p piece facing pretty much towards the driver seat - ie in that back curve) I...

• 3 years later...

I dont have  parking sensors on Toyota  Avensis  1.6 petrol and i want  to get  that.is possibille? and   is expancive?

You can buy cheap aftermarket kits from eBay, or more expensive ones of the same thing from Eurocarparts, Halfords and the like. However, reverse camera systems can be very cheap too, and worth considering as an alternative, especially in conjunction with a Dashcam. Halfords can fit for you, for extra cost. Eurocarparts have a similar service, but using local independants.