Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coloured Dials

Darcangel

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone can offer any advice or tips or even 'how-tos' for this lil project.

I'm looking at changing the colour of my dash lights and dials in my 86 supra from the boring greeny colour to something else, say bright blue maybe? So I'm wondering a couple of things.

How hard is it to remove the dash or at least GET to the current greeny lights?

Are they green lights (or have green sleeves on them) or are they normal lights with some sorta green plastic on the dials?

Also, does anybody know how much room I have to play around with in there - one thing I thought of was putting a blue neon tube in there if there's room, otherwise superbrite blue LEDS might be good....

Any thoughts, or advice would be muchly appreciated :D

IIRC they are normal lights with coloured sleeves, but thats as much as i know, apart from taking the dash out is gonna be a right pain in the butt.

easy peasy.

dash is easy to get out, take out the centre console-facia, undo the panel on the other side with the buttons on it, undo the screws on the top black "hood", then you can see the ones to get the dash out.. its tight but it comes...

Once off the bulbs that luminate the panels have green backs to them... -the bulbs with black are warning lights!!

the problem with LEDS is you need larger and smaller ones.. -the oil preasure guage for some REALLY annoying reason is smaller then the other (6 i think?).

I'd not recommend regular bulbs coated with blue as althou they are sold as blue bulbs... the narualt filiment lamps yellow light shines thru the blue and it comes out off green. looks horrible... I'm reverting back soon!!!

As I'm fussy I like all my switches, aircon controlls, a pillar guages to all match... hence reverting back to standard!!!!

I have a spare dash cluster I will be experimenting with tho ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I'd not recommend regular bulbs coated with blue as althou they are sold as blue bulbs... the narualt filiment lamps yellow light shines thru the blue and it comes out off green. looks horrible... I'm reverting back soon!!!

U know? It happened to me these days... :crybaby:

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links