Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E Injectors

jarys

Hoping someone can give me a quick answer on this. My 1995 Carina E 1.8 GS is misfiring after 15 - 20 miles. From previous posts it seems likely that one of the injectors is faulty. As I'm not able to carry out a check with a multi meter to identify which one is duff, (as has been sugested to others on previous posts), I have booked it into my local dealer next Tuesday for them to look specifically at the injectors. Since the dealer won't be looking to drive it for up to 20 miles so that the injectors can be tested when the engine is hot, is there a way that they can test them when cold ? I don't want to be told it's not a faulty injector and then spend £££s on replacing other things, only to find later that they actually had no way of accurately testing the injectors properly in the workshop. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tuesday for them to look specifically at the injectors. Since the dealer won't be looking to drive it for up to 20 miles so that the injectors can be tested when the engine is hot, is there a way that they can test them when cold ? I don't want to be told

I understand the issue alright but can you not check it yourself by pulling each injector lead in turn? With the engine running so be careful not to burn yourself... It's surprisingly easy once you familiarise yourself with the plugs - I got a piece of plastic to press in the locking clippy thing and then just pull off....

It's not always injectors of course... You may have temperature sensor problems and HT leads can cause really sporadic misfiring issues that can be difficult to track down. I presume you can test ht leads the same way - yank em off !

Conor.

I see your reply on the other thread. Ummmm. A multimeter might show a different resistance even when cold (go buy a meter if you can! They're awfully useful creatures) but I dunno... It's like computers - unless you can repeat the problem and then apply diagnostic tools it can be hard to fix. Unless you're wealthy and can afford to replace all 4 injectors and see if that works!!!!!

I see your reply on the other thread. Ummmm. A multimeter might show a different resistance even when cold (go buy a meter if you can! They're awfully useful creatures) but I dunno... It's like computers - unless you can repeat the problem and then apply diagnostic tools it can be hard to fix. Unless you're wealthy and can afford to replace all 4 injectors and see if that works!!!!!

Afford 4 new injectors - I wish! Thanks anyway for the suggestions - might give pulling off the leads a go over the weekend when the car's hot or get my pal to test with his multi meter to try it cold - you never know I might get a result!!

Hi,

In my experience, you might not need use multimeter whether the injector is faulty or not. When the engine has problem, you just try to unplug the faulty injector plug on your car. The plug is blue or red. You just each injector plug by turns. When there is a faulty injector, the engine is same whether is plugged or unplugged. If it is OK, the engine seems cut-off when the correct injector is unplugged.

Hope to be helpful.

Jay