Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Please Tell Me...

Dunix

How the hell are you meant to drive the T-Sport 'Sensibly'? :yahoo:

Sounds like you are enjoying it :D :thumbsup:

It is hard, but when you do you will get upwards of 46mpg like I did last week :thumbsup:

I took a trip to Rutland today, the missus made me drive 'sensibly', and I managed 45mpg according to the computer... how accurate is the computator?

have you reset it since you got it? press and hold the trip button till you hear a beep then it will return to 0 and you can start again when you fill up. should be a little more accurate same with av speed :thumbsup:

55l, are you sure? It only cost me £30 to fill up with 3 bars remaining.

I have reset it :). Did it as soon as I drove off the fore court.

yep 55lt.

If you wanna drive a T-sport sensibly, drop out the engine and fit in a 1L one, from a boring car.

Let me know how much you want for the 1.5l,. :drool:

I took a trip to Rutland today, the missus made me drive 'sensibly', and I managed 45mpg according to the computer... how accurate is the computator?

I didn’t use the trip computer, but its good to reset it on each re-fuel.

I filled up at one remaining bar (38 litres of fuel in) and divided the miles I had done on that tank by the amount of fuel put in, worked out at 46mpg

45 litre sounds more like it. its only a tiny tank, i go through a full tank like water sometimes.

It is accurate if you reset it after every refill........Kingo :thumbsup:

hehe :D Not entirely sure!

It is possible though - Today I did approx 240 miles, I drove pretty sensibly there and on the way back, for most of the time I could find I lorry, I'd slipstream behind it as close as I would dare from their rear bumpers. They're pretty easy as they sit dead at 60mph and don't go faster or slower & only pull into the middle lane when people join the motorway etc (unless your behind an empty one, and they overtake the full ones!) but just follow them, like your an extension of the trailer!

Averaged just over 62mpg and did the whole 240miles on half a tank! hooray :-D That's BETTER than a Prius could do, on a motorway :D

There's plenty of other times I've done the journey a wee bit faster... to say the least :o

As for fuel capacity, you can drive with the last bar on the fuel guage, and once that disappears (i.e. NO BARS AT ALL) you can do another 20+ miles on that, if you're careful and then fill up! - I generally fit around 42 litres in, when I fill it :) the car instruction manual says the fuel light will flash once it gets really empty.. I've never dared to see this though, and lose my bottle & fill up beforehand!! :D

oh and the answer to the original question is.....

''YOU DONT'' :)

As for fuel capacity, you can drive with the last bar on the fuel guage, and once that disappears (i.e. NO BARS AT ALL) you can do another 20+ miles on that, if you're careful and then fill up! - I generally fit around 42 litres in, when I fill it :) the car instruction manual says the fuel light will flash once it gets really empty.. I've never dared to see this though, and lose my bottle & fill up beforehand!! :D

I had 1.8 gallons left in mine with 1 bar and a steady low fuel light.

I may push it further next time :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links