Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Seal

rav-U-like

Been reading this forum for a while but never had much to add….until now.

Washing the Rav today and noticed I was missing a 15mm piece of windscreen seal. It looks like there are 2 small pieces either side at the top of the screen, probably to aid fitting.

Now for the questions… has this happened to anyone else?, can you buy just the 15mm piece?, if so do you have to glue it in?, does it get replaced when the windscreen is replaced?, if so may go down to auto windsreen to see if they can do something.

Would be great to get it sorted asap as water is running down into the seal area, although nothing inside as yet, no idea where its going!.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi Paul,

Are you talking about the trim ? Had a look at mine but it is ****ing down as usual, will have a look when it stops.

If it is the trim dont think you need worry in the meantime I'm sure Autoglass could help and would not expect it to

cost much.

Cheers,

Dave :thumbsup:

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply, I think it would be classed as the seal, the bit that isnt missing is black and rubbery!.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply, I think it would be classed as the seal, the bit that isnt missing is black and rubbery!.

Thanks

Paul

Paul, I think it would be better if you could post a photo of this to get an opinion of what is missing.

I thought the Rav like most other cars has the windscreen bonded in, and the visible rubber part

is cosmetic trim. Could be wrong though :wacko:

Dave. :thumbsup:

Hi Dave

Thanks

Paul

Paul, I think it would be better if you could post a photo of this to get an opinion of what is missing.

I thought the Rav like most other cars has the windscreen bonded in, and the visible rubber part

I'd problems with my windscreen but it was missing adhesive/bonding on the nearside top that was causing a water leak. It had been replaced some time before but had never been done right. If the windscreen bonding is ok then the rest of the external stuff is pretty cosmetic. The bonding is on the inside of the glass to the bodywork. Having stripped out the dashboard etc looking for the leak, and pouring lots of water over the front of the car (as one has to do in the dry climate of Scotland) I could see how the water makes it way down the RAV metalwork. If there's a leak, you can quickly tell from the wet carpet and if this is the case you need to do something quickly. If all is well, then the water will run behind some of the screen 'embellishment' exiting safely with nothing to worry about.

For satisfaction and peace of mind though do what Dave says.

Ian

ps I've turned the water features in the garden (puddles) into something attractive by sticking a fountain at the bottom and rescuing some large stones from various roadsides. Thank goodness I found the screen leak when I did!!

Hi Dave

Thanks

Paul

I'd problems with my windscreen but it was missing adhesive/bonding on the nearside top that was causing a water leak. It had been replaced some time before but had never been done right. If the windscreen bonding is ok then the rest of the external stuff is pretty cosmetic. The bonding is on the inside of the glass to the bodywork. Having stripped out the dashboard etc looking for the leak, and pouring lots of water over the front of the car (as one has to do in the dry climate of Scotland) I could see how the water makes it way down the RAV metalwork. If there's a leak, you can quickly tell from the wet carpet and if this is the case you need to do something quickly. If all is well, then the water will run behind some of the screen 'embellishment' exiting safely with nothing to worry about.

For satisfaction and peace of mind though do what Dave says.

Ian

ps I've turned the water features in the garden (puddles) into something attractive by sticking a fountain at the bottom and rescuing some large stones from various roadsides. Thank goodness I found the screen leak when I did!!

Ian, LOL on last bit :thumbsup: , I keep checking hands and feet for signs of webbing. I think its been raining

non stop since April.

Dave :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links