Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Differences

TerryMM

Question from a new member, apologies if this has already been asked but I can't see a thread for this.

Are there any real differences between the UK versions and imports on the current shape Previas. I'm in the market

for a 2001/2 (budget 9-10K) and don't want to ahve any problems re servicing/spares etc.

I've looked at most other MPV's and the Previa seems to be the best for reliability and towing abilities(caravan).

Also are there any after market kits to improve the interior(e.g. wood trim).

Thanks to anyone who can help

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Question from a new member, apologies if this has already been asked but I can't see a thread for this.

Are there any real differences between the UK versions and imports on the current shape Previas. I'm in the market

for a 2001/2 (budget 9-10K) and don't want to ahve any problems re servicing/spares etc.

I've looked at most other MPV's and the Previa seems to be the best for reliability and towing abilities(caravan).

Terry

There are some differences but they would seem to be mainly cosmetic, unless you take into account the 3.0, 4x4 and hybrid versions which were sold for the Asian market. Also i think the 8 seater models are easier to get as imports as the majority of UK models have been 7 seaters.

Like most of the aftermarket accessories for these cars (and there are an awful lot available!) nearly all have to be sourced from Japan, wood trim kits being one of them. If you want to make your interior look a bit different to the norm, colour matching various parts is fairly easily done and comparatively cheap, which is what I have done with mine.

I noticed you're a Sarf Lundon boy - if you're anywhere near Croydon and want to have a look at my import version to give you an idea on differences just drop me a pm!

Terry

There are some differences but they would seem to be mainly cosmetic, unless you take into account the 3.0, 4x4 and hybrid versions which were sold for the Asian market. Also i think the 8 seater models are easier to get as imports as the majority of UK models have been 7 seaters.

Like most of the aftermarket accessories for these cars (and there are an awful lot available!) nearly all have to be sourced from Japan, wood trim kits being one of them. If you want to make your interior look a bit different to the norm, colour matching various parts is fairly easily done and comparatively cheap, which is what I have done with mine.

I noticed you're a Sarf Lundon boy - if you're anywhere near Croydon and want to have a look at my import version to give you an idea on differences just drop me a pm!

Thanks for the info and the offer.

I was in Sarf Lundon (Herne Hill) but have just moved to Eastbourne. I am in London during the week however, so ,ay well take you up on the offer to view. Have you any info on the Dealers in Tulse Hill, (Import Warehouse)? Yhey seem to have a reasonable selection.

One more question. The import medels never seem to have roof bars, can they be retro fitted?

Cheers

Terry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links