Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

emmie123

Just after a few pics of the t-sport in Thunder Grey with a carbon fibre bonnet.

Thinking about getting one, how much would i bee looking at paying and where's the best place to

get one from?

Emma

www.envyperformance.com

your looking around £500 delivered for one, look in registry for matty or clarky or kerby they all have thunder grey with carbon bonnet!

www.envyperformance.com

your looking around £500 delivered for one, look in registry for matty or clarky or kerby they all have thunder grey with carbon bonnet!

Cant see the point, myself! :o

A bit of weight saved but, compared to proper painted bonnet, they look sh-toopid. If you paint it, may have just as well saved a small fortune and kept standard one.

I see so many motorcyclists spending fortunes on 'lighter parts' for their bikes... just keep off the pies and beer! :rolleyes:

aye i agree cnt stand carbon bonnets

not even on big cars like skylines or supras

lot of money aswell

carbon bonnets are for winners! lol, mine is over 50% lighter than the stock one, which is alot of weight saved, lighter = faster! plus they look miles better than stock to!

The weight of a standard Yaris bonnet is on par with the weight of a dried rat skin.........I rest my case. Kingo :thumbsup:

Maybe i should have put this in the t-sport forum where i would get positive answers.

Only after some advice not a slanging match!! :huh:

Maybe i should have put this in the t-sport forum where i would get positive answers.

Only after some advice not a slanging match!! :huh:

Sorry 'bout that, Emmie, just expressing a personal opinion, did'nt mean to start a rebellion.

If you really want one, go for it, after all, it's your car and it's you who desides what'll look nice on it.

I have a set of twin exit (duplex) booster exhausts on my car and think they are nice. :rolleyes: ... Others may think I am a sad old git!

I like 'em and it's my car!

Hope you enjoy your purchase, Gar. B)

i think the carbon bonnet compliments thunder grey really well but my view is probably a little biased lol

my car

angel2.jpg

i think carbon bonnets do look good, on some cars

somep people have managed to pull it off on the yaris

if i had a t-sport, id prefer to keep it sbutle looking, so the loosers in thier 1.4 8 valves still sit there revving at me at lights

the carbon bonnet makes them look very jap racer like, and ruins the subtle looks of the t-sport

but some people want that, some people want everyone to know there T-sport isnt "just another yaris" its a damn quick yaris! and its going to hand you your a**e on a plate if u try and take it on.

i think the carbon bonnet compliments thunder grey really well but my view is probably a little biased lol

my car

angel2.jpg

]

nice lookin ride man!! the carbon bonnet sets the car off dude!!

this is mine with my varis carbon bonnet

DSC00110.jpg

hey emmie got any pics of ur car or what colour it is ect ect

my car

angel2.jpg

]

nice lookin ride man!! the carbon bonnet sets the car off dude!!

this is mine with my varis carbon bonnet

DSC00110.jpg

hey emmie got any pics of ur car or what colour it is ect ect

I would beg to differ about the post stating that the carbon bonnet is stronger so safer!

The front end of ANY modern car incorperates a 'crumple zone' so in an accident, the front end is sacraficed in order to act as a slowing down buffer, rather then stop dead buffer. This means less impact stress on any occupants or any pedestrian who is hit by the vehicle, so stronger IS NOT SAFER!

This arguement is going on at the moment about NCAP figures. Manufacturers are making the outsides more rigid and adding more airbags to soften the blow to occupants, to get better ratings BUT pedestrians are going to come out worse in this situation.

The response to this is local councils introducing more and more 20MPH zones in urban areas to help stem the tide of injuries!

Result? Everyone loses. If occupants were not so wrapped in cotton wool, the would drive safer, pedestrians would not get hit so often and we could all still go at 30MPH in roads that are designed for this!

Now, who wants a carbon bonnet to make their car safer?

Be honest, you just think they look cool, as do the 4by4 brigade and their bull bars, me on my bike, with so much chrome the suspension creaks, the t****r in his bmw with his fog lights on all day etc, etc. Not a safety issue, a personal taste issue.

I would beg to differ about the post stating that the carbon bonnet is stronger so safer!

The front end of ANY modern car incorperates a 'crumple zone' so in an accident, the front end is sacraficed in order to act as a slowing down buffer, rather then stop dead buffer. This means less impact stress on any occupants or any pedestrian who is hit by the vehicle, so stronger IS NOT SAFER!

This arguement is going on at the moment about NCAP figures. Manufacturers are making the outsides more rigid and adding more airbags to soften the blow to occupants, to get better ratings BUT pedestrians are going to come out worse in this situation.

The response to this is local councils introducing more and more 20MPH zones in urban areas to help stem the tide of injuries!

Result? Everyone loses. If occupants were not so wrapped in cotton wool, the would drive safer, pedestrians would not get hit so often and we could all still go at 30MPH in roads that are designed for this!

Now, who wants a carbon bonnet to make their car safer?

Be honest, you just think they look cool, as do the 4by4 brigade and their bull bars, me on my bike, with so much chrome the suspension creaks, the t****r in his bmw with his fog lights on all day etc, etc. Not a safety issue, a personal taste issue.

yeah they changed the speed limit because my car has a carbon bonnet :lol:

anywho emmie its all upto your personal taste i personaly like them think they look good plus a good weight saving over stock!

I think carbon looks good on the thunder grey yaris, not so keen on it on other cars or colours!

Its a winner!

god sake it was said as a joke. yes carbon is stronger but meh thats not why you`d get one. dont give me a lecture on road safety. its not always the drivers fault for pedestrians getting hit. theres a lot of stupid people out there that just run out infront of cars and so on.

how cares lets get back on topic and stop bitching

They always remind me of a car has been in shunt and has had a new body panel put on from another car that was another colour. A bit like seeing an old battered Datsun Cherry with different coloured doors and wings! A lot of money though, I’d rather have a holiday :D

They probably look OK if the car is black :thumbsup:

Lets face it folks, they're an easily reversed aesthetic modification. The depth of shine and the effect of light on a high quality one is really nice.

I do, however, think you're kidding yourself if you think the weight saving will effect the handling in any meaningful way.

If you like it then by all means go for it - as long as you don't do anything silly to it then it will also be easy to re-sell should you not like it...

:thumbsup:

A

Lets face it folks, they're an easily reversed aesthetic modification. The depth of shine and the effect of light on a high quality one is really nice.

I do, however, think you're kidding yourself if you think the weight saving will effect the handling in any meaningful way.

If you like it then by all means go for it - as long as you don't do anything silly to it then it will also be easy to re-sell should you not like it...

A

every bit of weight makes a diffrence dude, wether it be taking the spare tire out,or from taking the sound proofin out! it all adds up dude!!

A

My comment too, was tongue firmly in cheek, not a political soapbox, that said, it is through pillox that we now have 20mph snail zones.

Any mod you fancy on your own vehicle , law aside, is ok with me after all you own it and pay for it.

Keep the thunder grey though, I'll stick to the proper colour... black. :lol:

Gar, why was I quoted in the above post? What you said bears no resemblance to what I said. I commented on the aesthetics and minimal weight saving. No mention was made of speed limits or colours. My car is black and the majority of the forum knows that. Heck, looking at my avatar should tell you that...

tucka - drive naked, you'll go faster :lol: (joke okay, a joke...) Actually, there would be a fair saving over the weight of the bonnet on my D-4D but it does all sorts of hidden things as well as covering my engine.

A

Gar, why was I quoted in the above post? What you said bears no resemblance to what I said. I commented on the aesthetics and minimal weight saving. No mention was made of speed limits or colours. My car is black and the majority of the forum knows that. Heck, looking at my avatar should tell you that...

tucka - drive naked, you'll go faster :lol: (joke okay, a joke...) Actually, there would be a fair saving over the weight of the bonnet on my D-4D but it does all sorts of hidden things as well as covering my engine.

A

LOL :lol:

wen u see me at the strip naked dont worry about it blame alan lol

Varis bonnets rock! :lol: Tucka your Glanza looks like a carbon copy of mine! Very nice B)

Thanks

Kevin

Varis bonnets rock! :lol: Tucka your Glanza looks like a carbon copy of mine! Very nice B)

Thanks

Kevin

Just a mistake where I clicked the wrong bit, matey! I really am as stoopid as I sound. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links