Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Your Car Been Keyed Or Scratched?

Wi11

Cars being keyed  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Has your car been keyed or scratched?

• Yes I have been a victim of this.
    • No, it's not happened to me.

I'm interested to know how common this scum keying cars problem is. My driver door got scratched a few months ago, I think as a result of parking too close to someone in a car park (definitely didn't touch their car at any point). And just the other day I noticed a scratch on one of the front panels which I'm fairly sure someone caused.

Lastly, as a result of my gf putting a dent in one side of the car, I'm wondering if my car is now seen as 'fair game' as it's already damaged.

It's really putting me off buying a new car as I'll be a bit gutted if my new pride and joy gets this treatment.

I’m always careful where I park or leave my car, if I’m not happy with the area or parking space I’ll go somewhere else even if it means going back home.

Unfortunately, that’s the scabby world we have to live in.

Cars been purple for a few years now and I was really worried it would get keyed soon after her respray..

Good to say its still in the condition the day I got her painted!

I do try and park miles from people when in town tho to avoid the dents.

outside work it got done, from just behind the sidelights to the rear lights :( being dru8nk when i finally noticed didn't help either

I've had the odd scratch, most recently was 1 of my rear lights has developed a small scratch from somewhere but it's not very noticable & I'm in no rush to replace it. It's horrible but it's just 1 of those things you've got to try to accept will happen at some point, I'm sure I'd be a lot less philosophical if somebody left me with something more major than I've had so far though

I'm interested to know how common this scum keying cars problem is. My driver door got scratched a few months ago, I think as a result of parking too close to someone in a car park (definitely didn't touch their car at any point).

Yep! First Yaris I bought was key scratched when it was 2 weeks old, the Blue has been done all along the offside rear quarter and the T-Sport was also "scratched" but it didnt break the paint, it's just dented the bit under the window.

And as if that wasnt enough, the Fiesta was double scratched all the way along every single panel of both sides when it was in Kent and has since obtained another small one on a rear door.

I've given up now, there's no point in having anything decent it feels like.

my mom works in warwick and they have multi-story car park, quite possibly the tightest car park in the world, its soo cramped, the spaces are impossibly small.

You generally cant get in and out of the car (epcially in a 2 door) and theres no room behind to pull out of spaces, so bumpers are always meeting.

my mom get fed up of all the scratches appearing so began parking on thestreet in warwick, as it was free for 2 hours, then you have to move to a different street.

but now they have changed the parking laws and parking in town centres in warwickshire costs a bomb! so shes left with no choice.

i think people should be much more honest when they catch your car, and vice versa, people would be much more careful if it cost them when they caught you.

i always make an effort to park out of the way, and i dont mind the walk, but my mom is getting on and she isnt as mobile.

i now make her park in those nice big disabled spaces :thumbsup:

Thankfully it has never happened to me but it did for a mate of mine a few years back. He used to own his own car hire company and in one evening had.... 2 Rolls Royces.... 2 Daimler D420's.... 2 Stretched Fords and 1 Volvo keyed. He just sat down and cried. I think the final bill came to around £4000 and this was over 10 years ago :angry:

well, so far, touch wood, this has never happened to me.

Then again I'm always careful about where I park, I live in a decent, very quiet area which undoubtably helps too.

I do get the 'Tesco's injuries' where some wakner dents the door with a shopping trolley or their car door, but realistically they are bound to happen as long as there are other car drivers with no social conscience or regard for anything or anyone but themselves.

Mine got scratched 4 times at once from front to back, polished it out for about 90% luckily. It's just stupid and pointless. A replacement for tagging and bad graffiti. Houses used to be the most important property, nowadays it's cars that represent your status. Look at the 3000 hip hop / RNB clips that make it look like a bling car is the most important thing in life. It's a normal evolution of jealous, rebelous behavior.

its never happened to me but somone my friend raced and beat held a bit if a gudge they stole his car drove it to a field and blew it up, was a nice Celica. i had people like this whats the point in doing it ?

my old are was keyed from front to back down the passenger side.... i know who did it but was just never able to prove it...

the yaris has got a tiny tiny dent & scratch in the door caused by a car next to me in a car park...

people just don't know how to be careful in carparks...

my car got hammered no not drunk lol literally hammered by some ar*****s id had a run earlier in the hoody yobs who think they r tuff in numbers same every where i spose :angry:

Ive never had any major scratches or ever been keyed but i was parked outside robs house one night and heard his dad shouting - just witnessed an absolute MORON driver reverse straight into my car - how can you miss it? Its bright red for ****'s sake!

I jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs - my heart has never raced so fast - i was livid! :ffs:

Luckily - it was just black bumper marks that the moron left on my car - it came off with a bit of polish

And another time i was just looking at my car and noticed that the side strip looked a bit odd - somebody had been down the entire side of my car with their bumper - luckily again - it was at the perfect height as they only hit the bump strip - and it all came off with T-cut

I know ive been quite lucky - but thats not the point - i didnt get any notes or apologies from the scumbags - i probably wouldnt have been so furious if they had just held their hands up and said 'yes ive made a mistake' because accidents happen - but if id caught them in the act and they had tried to deny it - i would have ripped their heads off - as i have a serious road rage problem! :!Removed!:

1 scratch from passanger opening door in petrol station on to the pump :|

1 from a car catchin the side in a car park

n loads of lil dents ere there n everywhere

if i eva caught anyone keying a car id be locked up cause its jst shockin

Nothing so far on any of my three cars....

Touch wood! :)

Prob cant see them under all that dirt!

So so so scandalous! :lol:

Don't be making me go Evangelistical on your bum.... :P

My White Corolla E11 i just had it a week and it was damaged in a hit and run just before christmas... parked it outside work on a sunday mornin came out on break and noticed the car on the kerb.... went round the back and the back panel was well drivin in and the passenger side 1/4 panel got a fair bang too.... never found who it was but all i know the car was navy blue.......

and bout 2 months ago a learner driver pulled on front of me all i could do was hit her luckely it was at low speed and the damage was fairly light... nearly fixed now nothin like a full resparay and a one off front bumper cant help...

pictures soon!!!!!

Jay-Mac-Cee

I wish car manufacturers could integrate camera security into body panels and/or driver / passenger headrests. They could be activated when nearby motion is detected and record images to a usb flash drive in the boot or somewhere.

It would only take a few convictions for these scum and word would get around. People do it because they know they can get away with it. The cameras would also help in real accidents like a black box flight recorder and in hit and runs where there are no witnesses. I think the hardware costs would pay for themselves in reduced insurance premiums. The costs of the cameras and flash drive would be minimal when bought in large quantities, maybe only £50-150 per car.

The only concern would be privacy issues I suppose.

Unfortunately it'll probably turn out that filming someone damaging your car is a breach of their human rights - it would be in this country anyway !!!! :angry:

I wish car manufacturers could integrate camera security into body panels and/or driver / passenger headrests. They could be activated when nearby motion is detected and record images to a usb flash drive in the boot or somewhere.

It would only take a few convictions for these scum and word would get around. People do it because they know they can get away with it. The cameras would also help in real accidents like a black box flight recorder and in hit and runs where there are no witnesses. I think the hardware costs would pay for themselves in reduced insurance premiums. The costs of the cameras and flash drive would be minimal when bought in large quantities, maybe only £50-150 per car.

Thats the most brilliant idea - only thing is there would need to be more than one camera surely? I wouldnt mind paying for that to be installed - and even if the tapes wouldnt stand up in the eyes of the law - youd still have a reg number to look for - then kindly repay the dents to that car! :yes: Genius