Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear View Camera

JHRC

Hi, finally I got my hands on the camera project, in the rear door I found the plug menthoned and also attached to it is another 2 pin plug (for me looks like an R12 connector).

Do you have any idea whats this connector for?? :g:

Great job guys, keepit up. THANKS.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shcm

• JHRC

• anchorman

• Fujisan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally camera installed, thanks to all your help, its a PAL 12V CMOS camera from e-bay but it also worked with the 6 volts supplied in socket it works great but having problems with mirror image, don't know why but sometimes it displays right objects on the rght of the screen and sometimes in opposite positions, who knows?????????????????? :huh:post-93879-127650428049_thumb.jpg

don't know why but sometimes it displays right objects on the rght of the screen and sometimes in opposite positions, who knows??????????????????

Was just wondering whether it has another input somewhere that selects normal/mirrored output, i.e. one that needs connecting to either supply or gnd to select output mode, but looking at the picture it doesn't appear to.

Does it still mis-behave when supplied from the full 12V instead of 6V?

I will give it a try, I'll connect it to the 12V supply for the reverse light and see what happens, for its getting annoying displaying differently. :wacko:

Hi Guys,

After reading info on here, I wanted to do the rear camera on our T180, so I made up an adapter using some 0.1" PCB Header pins onto an RCA Phono lead,(which fit perfect into original connector skt, if you have a bit of patience soldering and then hotmelt or shrinkwrap to strengthen connection) then connect into relavent pins on connector in rear door. I also connected to 12v supply from reversing light to power camera, which I mounted in trim panel inbetween where number plate light lights are. The camera is NTSC and reversed image with scale on image with night vision from the 'Bay for less than £30! It works well and looks discrete and 'allmost' factory! I say allmost 'cos I havent seen a genuine Toyota one yet!

Maybe give you some alternatives to under bumper mount or drilling rear door?

Keep up the good work, great forum and lots of advice and tips!

post-92271-127689365364_thumb.jpg

post-92271-127689369119_thumb.jpg

It's working perfect now with 12V supplied from reverse lights. PAL do works fine aswell. :thumbsup:

Have someone try the China-made RAV4 camera´s that are on eBay and fit in licence lights?

Wonder if that fits a 2005 RAV4.2

For B9001 or B9000 Satnav systems you need a NTSC camera. PAL does not work on my B9001

Got mine working on the 4-pin connector.

Cam or not, it did not help me when i bumped into the neighbout while we both reversed to park out.. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Have someone try the China-made RAV4 camera´s that are on eBay and fit in licence lights?

Wonder if that fits a 2005 RAV4.2

For B9001 or B9000 Satnav systems you need a NTSC camera. PAL does not work on my B9001

Got mine working on the 4-pin connector.

Cam or not, it did not help me when i bumped into the neighbout while we both reversed to park out.. :(

i have this type of rear camera. NTSC. fitting very easy. day view is great, night view is foggy.but still usable.

also pretty price.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I cannot find the pictures with S7 conector location. Can somebody reload them?

I have RAV4 4.3 with N9004 and trying to conect a rear view camera - rear panel has spare wheel.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links