Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

s0nic

Dear all,

I was wondering whether anyone could help me with this...

My friend has just bought a Toyota HiLux Pickup, 1997 2.4l Diesel

We had to remove the driver seat to fit a GPS control unit. For some strange reason the air bag light is now constantly flashing....

We are sure that now wiring has been touched or tampered with.

We have disconnected the Battery for 15 minutes and reconnected to no avail...error is still there. An way how to rectify / reset this ?

Any suggestions welcome..

Thanks for all

Kindest regards

Godwin

pre tensioners in the seat belt holster, you obviously unplugged it. no idea on how to get light off , i make the pcbs for toyotas air bags systems - all i know is the unit itself has a 4 pin port which toyota can plug into and diagnose issues. i'd call them , if the bag deploys when your mate is doing 70mph , its not gonna be pretty. It may even not deploy when its meant to !!

FOLLOWING TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM!!

Did you turn on the ignition with the airbag out?

If yes then you've stored a code in the module for the missing AIRBAG and will need to have it reset.

If you didn't turn the ignition on with the AIRBAG out then there must be a fault. Recheck your connections and then get the codes read and cleared.

================================================================================

====================

These modules are clever kit and getting better all the time. People,, dont mess with AIRBAGS or SEAT BELT PRETENSIONERS - they are there to save yours and others lives.

We had to remove the driver seat to fit a GPS control unit. For some strange reason the air bag light is now constantly flashing....

Check under the seat as there electrical connections underneath and see if they are connected.

As GT4 BOOSTER has said, its part of the seat belt pre tension system.

pre tensioners in the seat belt holster, you obviously unplugged it. no idea on how to get light off , i make the pcbs for toyotas air bags systems - all i know is the unit itself has a 4 pin port which toyota can plug into and diagnose issues. i'd call them , if the bag deploys when your mate is doing 70mph , its not gonna be pretty. It may even not deploy when its meant to !!

Thanks mate!...much appreciated...!!

Check under the seat as there electrical connections underneath and see if they are connected.

will deffo do...thank you very much for your help....much appreciated indeed!

I added to my post as i learned more - it may help.

thanks!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links