Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Update On My Car

ferrariboyuk

Hi everyone.

Thought i'd tell you all what a dreaded time i'm still having with getting my car repaired!

Firstly, I'm worried about the colour matching of the wing, bonnet and bumper. The wing (which is resprayed) looks sooooo much lighter. Do i just need to leave it to age? Or is paint technology so good these days it should be hardly noticeable? My car is thunder grey, and has plenty of coats of wax on it (lol) and is an 05 plate.

Anyway, after getting the car back and looking over the car i find loads of shoddy work. So........

I took it back on tuesday the 14th for them to correct it and after more set backs I wont be getting it back until the 31st!!!! I was told i should get it back on the 22nd, it just needed a machine polish. That never happened so i called them to find out that the polish never been done and that i need to wait a week for the man to come to repair the scratches to my door trim (which they caused). They have also failed to fit the stone chip decals correctly twice and i'm awaiting a third set to go on.

Would be gratefull for some advice on the paint matching situation. :thumbsup:

DOM

I got rear ended about a month ago, had to get a whole new rear to the car and i cant tell the difference in paint. I did enquire as to when my car would be ready while it was getting repaired and i was told there was a problem with the paint colour match.

The colour should be perfect though mate.

Well heres an example of the difference between the new and old paint. The new paint being lighter.

I asked at the time about it, suggesting if it would age at all and he said the laquer will darken given time??????

bad-paint-match.jpg

They have delayed me getting my car back (AGAIN!!!!) so i'm hoping they will do something to it.

DOM

Mate im really not sure about that. My car is black and when they were spraying they said they had problems matching the paint so the job took longer, i would of thought they would do all they could to get a exact match. I wouldn't of thought the paint would darken really. I smell bull mate.

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could shed some light on this?

Well heres an example of the difference between the new and old paint. The new paint being lighter.

I asked at the time about it, suggesting if it would age at all and he said the laquer will darken given time??????

bad-paint-match.jpg

They have delayed me getting my car back (AGAIN!!!!) so i'm hoping they will do something to it.

DOM

:censor: . If the colour is wrong, then it's wrong. buffing, polishing, waxing, whatever! will not alter your wrongly painted car. Now I have that out of my system................phew! Modern painting can be a pain, water based paint etc, but on a modern car, there should be no reason where the paint becomes faded and you cant match it up, get it back and re-painted.......properly!!! I feel much better now, lol

:censor: :censor: :censor:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi everyone.

Thought i'd tell you all what a dreaded time i'm still having with getting my car repaired!

Firstly, I'm worried about the colour matching of the wing, bonnet and bumper. The wing (which is resprayed) looks sooooo much lighter. Do i just need to leave it to age? Or is paint technology so good these days it should be hardly noticeable? My car is thunder grey, and has plenty of coats of wax on it (lol) and is an 05 plate.

Anyway, after getting the car back and looking over the car i find loads of shoddy work. So........

I took it back on tuesday the 14th for them to correct it and after more set backs I wont be getting it back until the 31st!!!! I was told i should get it back on the 22nd, it just needed a machine polish. That never happened so i called them to find out that the polish never been done and that i need to wait a week for the man to come to repair the scratches to my door trim (which they caused). They have also failed to fit the stone chip decals correctly twice and i'm awaiting a third set to go on.

Would be gratefull for some advice on the paint matching situation. :thumbsup:

DOM

Sounds like they cocked it up, to me!

Plus they should adequately repair any damage they have done to your car.

I would suggest you get the paint checked somewhere else, after they have finished it, to see if they have done it properly.

Was it an insurance claim? If so, complain to the insurance company. Usually, they insist you use an approved repairer, if so, it is their job to see the repair is done right. You may be entitled to a hire car too, if they have bodged and have to re-do the work.

Was it an insurance claim?

You may be entitled to a hire car too, if they have bodged and have to re-do the work.

They are attempting to fix the scratches they made to my door trim. Thats one of the reasons i'm still waiting to get my car back. They keep telling me the guy only comes in on certain days.... or.... he has his phone switched off!!!!!!!!!

No insurance claim, its a private job. I have a courtesy car. An aygo which is filthy inside and out, smells and looks like its featured on top gear. Its battered like a haddock lol. Thats what i get as a mark of their apology for recking my car. I'm tempted to demand an yaris 1.8 sr or an auris for a couple of days.

Fingers crossed I'll have my car back tomorrow. They have assured me (not that this means much) that it'll be completed and i can either pick it up first thing or they'll drop it off at my work.

Wish me luck :unsure::thumbsup:

DOM

Was it an insurance claim?

You may be entitled to a hire car too, if they have bodged and have to re-do the work.

They are attempting to fix the scratches they made to my door trim. Thats one of the reasons i'm still waiting to get my car back. They keep telling me the guy only comes in on certain days.... or.... he has his phone switched off!!!!!!!!!

No insurance claim, its a private job. I have a courtesy car. An aygo which is filthy inside and out, smells and looks like its featured on top gear. Its battered like a haddock lol. Thats what i get as a mark of their apology for recking my car. I'm tempted to demand an yaris 1.8 sr or an auris for a couple of days.

Fingers crossed I'll have my car back tomorrow. They have assured me (not that this means much) that it'll be completed and i can either pick it up first thing or they'll drop it off at my work.

Wish me luck :unsure::thumbsup:

DOM

If your car is metallic paint it should be the same colour because panels either side of the damaged panel are sprayed and faded out part way along the panel and then laquered, its called blending, it tricks your eye!.but insurers wont pay to blend into the bumpers because of the angles that play tricks with your eyes.

If it is a solid colour then it should be a perfect match no matter what the repairers say, it will not change over time, if they employ bad painters thats their problem and believe me , good painters are very very hard to get, most of them are thick "squirters" who have no idea about what they are doing or the mechanics of the tools they are using, the paint they use is mixed by weight on site by them, and if they can,t be bothered to be accurate or/and adjust the mix they will try to kid you, and if they are on bonus as the ones who did your car certainly were , this makes things even worse.

If its an insurance job the insurance company will not pay out for the shortcomings of paint manufacturers or bad painters and neither should you.

If you have many coats of wax this might change the colour!but dont mention this!!!

If you have many coats of wax this might change the colour!but dont mention this!!!

My car is thunder grey. So it looks like the haven't blended it then. :o

They already know about the wax! They kinda noticed. And there is one bloke there who seems ok who i was talking to about it. :!Removed!:

So all i need to do is coat my car is loads more wax? Dont sound such a bad thing!! lol

DOM

My car is thunder grey. So it looks like the haven't blended it then. :o

They already know about the wax! They kinda noticed. And there is one bloke there who seems ok who i was talking to about it. :!Removed!:

So all i need to do is coat my car is loads more wax? Dont sound such a bad thing!! lol

DOM

No you dont need to give it loads of wax, you need to get it painted properly, wax might change the colour if there is a thick layer and ive seen it start to turn white there was so much of it, the wax would have been removed from adjacent panels in order to blend them,if they haven't blended into these panels you will never get the right colour.

Chris.

No amount of wax or polish is gonna make that look right. Get it back and complain, there is no reason why a decent painter cant properly colour match that.

No amount of wax or polish is gonna make that look right. Get it back and complain, there is no reason why a decent painter cant properly colour match that.

As above get them to sort it! :angry:

Thanks for your help.

I got it back. The man to fix the door trim is meant to arrive this monday so i'm taking it back then. On arrival i found the carbon effect window switch missing as they were half way through refitting it. Also found a NEW bit of paint thats run on the rear door. You can only see it when there is limited light. The front door handle doesnt match now either but the wind blends in with the bonnet. They fix one problem but seem to have created two more. So i assume they have done some more respraying.

I asked about it not matching on the front and rear bumpers and the response was that being plastic the colours can be slightly different. I didn;t really know what to say back to that because our older yaris gls suffers from that ever so slightly. There is no argument is there? They should have blened the bumper?

DOM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links