Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Camry Solara Problems

thez

Please refer to the 2003 Camry doesn't steer right forum, as they are mechanically identical to the 2004 Solara. Lemon Law is a sham; don't bother. Write to Toyota Customer Service until they give in and fix your car. See my posts--I fought until they fixed it. It only took 5 months and now it drives like it should have from day one. My car is a 2003 Camry XLE. Also see the Car Talk forum and review some of the crap that some of the more dedicated people went through. http://www.cartalk.com/board/showflat.php?...vc=1&PHPSESSID=

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys. you know that you can probably fix the problem with the tire pressure light yourself. set the tire pressure to the pressure on the door jamb of the driver's door, should be 32 for the 04 solara's and also set the spare to the correct pressure for it 32 for a full size spare and i think its 60 for a donut. then hold the reset button for the tire pressure system until the indicator light blinks 3 times.

the left pull thing is shared between the camry, solara and the avalon.

one thing that will help you ..... a calm attitude. threatening to sue is not going to get you instant succes. understand that the technicians aren't excited to do warranty work....much less for something that is covered in your owner's manuals. *hint the tire pressure warning system is covered in your owner's manuals for those of you who bother to read it* but bottom line...be patient. they want to fix your car so that you'll be happy and come back to them. so just relax and let them do their job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:o I have a 2004 Solara and am having the Tire pressure indicator problem too. I will be bringing in the car today but really don't have the time to keep bringing my car in 4+ times to have them figure it out. Did anybody have this problem and know what the fix was??? OH Yea, and I did read the manual and I did hold the button til it blinked 3 times and it still is not working. I did this with my pressure at 31.8 on all tires and again at 35.6. Also where can I get a Stereo mounting kit for this car to put in an after market system?

SILLLZ@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only person with the noise problem in my Solara 04 V6?

The pulling and tire pressure light indicator aren't as bad as the noise I'm experiencing in my brand new Solora. When I roll down all the windows and drive in a quite street, I can very clearly hear a WHINING noise when I'm accelerating from 0 to 40+

Does anyone out there share this same problem??? :(

Thanx

Well I thought that I had figured out the tire pressure light ie: the reset button, do it several times. Now it goes on around 60 to 70 mph. When I slow down it goes off. It's annoying but not enough to be without my car while Toyota figures it out.

I am also starting to get a loud rattle in my dash board. I have about 5000 miles on my car. This is really starting to irritate me. Anyone hear if Toyota has figured out how to correct this?

I want to wait to bring it in but its getting worse!

Thanks. T

Dear all,

This is a great board! It's so good to know that I'm not the only one going back to Toyota dealer all the time for the tire-pressure light problem.  :group-cuddles:

Just to share w/ you. The service center worked on my Solara awared the TSB ST002-04 and did that to my car already. But my car didn't totally get fixed. Now the light doesn't stay on, in stead, the light's on and off while I drive. Any of you experience the same after the fix?  :help:

yes I'm having the same problem but haven't gotten it' fixed' yet:(

The dealer fixed my rattle. It was a speaker cover hitting the chasis. Pressure tire light has stayed off too. so far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife has a 04 Solara SLE and she is also dealing with the tire light problem as well, she just came from the dealership and after driving about 30 minutes or so, the light came back on. She also told me that she heard a rattling noise in the dash, but it turned out to the two screw nuts on the inside door jam that was loose. She tighten those back up and it stopped. So hopefully that will help. She hasn't nor have I noticed the pulling problem yet, but there are only 5000 miles on the vehicle.

Thanks for sharing it really helps. The dealers are really lost on this tire pressure light, but I would think that there is a bad sensor.

Snoop

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought a 04 Solara SLE I have had it 3 weeks and I been in the shop 3 times already.my car Pulls to the left also. I am confident that they well remedy the problem.

Very odd this happened at all.toyota has always been a great car in my family.to see this kind of flaw is very surprizing to say the least.

Camry has this pull-to-left problem since 2002. There is a service bulletin on this problem and it is very difficult to fix. I have a 2004 model and tried 3 times to fix without results. I hope you will resolve yours soon but I would not be so confident. Just read the "2003 alignment" thread you will know the extent of the complaints

• 3 weeks later...

My wife's 04 Solara SLE V-6 a/t falls on its face from a dead start. Terrible throttle response. I have really noticed it lately when I almost got hit because it wouldn't get out of its own way. If you give it more gas, it hesitates and then jumps forward.

Another problem is a rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger side A pillar.

Of course, the dealer couldn't find a thing wrong.

Any help with these would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

Yo I have a 2000 solara and its a nice car but one thing that drives me crazy is a rattling noise that seems to be coming form the trunk or the rear underbelly of the car. im thinking it may be the suspension of just something lose that i cant see. it only rattles when im drinving at a moderate speed over small bumps. it doesnt make any noise on the freeway just when drinving on the streets. i have no subs nothing in my trunk so the rules out any possibility fo crap in the trunk. if anyone has the same problem and got it fixed pls let me know so i can get it fixed as well.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a 2004 Solara V6 and it makes suspension noises in the rear when going over bumps. I have no left pull problem but it sounds like the Solara has some suspension problems from reading the comments. Also Edmunds (car critic) notes the cars with 17 inch wheels dont take bumps that well. I also have a rattle in the cabin at times from going over bumps. I will be having the dealer look at the car on its six month servicing or sooner if the noise starts annoying me more. Interesting to note the problems with the alignment and other owners having rattling noises in the cabin.

• 2 months later...
Chargerman,

Check out discussions under Alignment Problems

It has been reported that the TSB has not been formally released yet but the information was distributed anyway.  Who knows what that's about.

I am having the same rattle problem from the dashboard on 2004 solara SE. Have you got it resolved? I am going nuts with the rattle. Please let me know if you found a solution!

• 2 months later...

Yo man, I have had my car in the dealer 6 times for the pull to the left, and just contacted a lawyer, about the lemon law. The dealership has replaced one tire, and told me that the air pressure in the tires was off, that's why it pulls to the left; They must think I am a moron! The rattling in the dash, it sounds almost like a squeaky toy. But you don't hear it too bad when going about 70, cause it sounds like you are going over rumble strips? Anybody have that vibration as well? I'll keep ya's posted, I am giving them one final shot to fix this car, tomorrow morning! Oh and that stupid air pressure light just came on.

My wife's 04 Solara SLE V-6 a/t falls on its face from a dead start. Terrible throttle response. I have really noticed it lately when I almost got hit because it wouldn't get out of its own way. If you give it more gas, it hesitates and then jumps forward.

Another problem is a rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger side A pillar.

Of course, the dealer couldn't find a thing wrong.

Any help with these would be appreciated

• 6 years later...

With this being the first post on this board in 8 years, hopefully some of you guys still drive the same car!

I have a 2004 SE Sport and I've experience similar problems:

- Faulty tire pressure indicator light

- A slight pull to the left (hardly there but recognizable)

- Rattling in the dashboard around 40mph

All of these appear common and mild enough that I figure they're insignificant. However, my solara whines not while moving but about 5 seconds after turning off the engine. Often it briefly whines for a couple seconds as if something is settling, but other times I can hear it for about 10 seconds. I don't know much about the mechanics of a car so I have no idea where to begin looking. Any thoughts?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links