Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digi Camera

dave5282

Im getting someone a digital Camera for chrimbo, I want to spend around'ish a hundred quid, what can I expect to get, does anyone know of a good buy? or 100 not enough?

Me neither .. I've just gone for a 2nd hand Kodak one only 2 mega pixles .. but about the same price :wacko:

spend the extra and go for something about 120-130ish

www.pcworld.co.uk

they're actually doing some good online deals with digi cams

can try eBay but there's no real bargains on there for cameras

i'm in the market for a 100quid digicam too m8 :thumbsup:

If you can afford to go for either a canon or a nikkon then I'd say it's worth the extra pennies (probably closer to another £100 worth of extra pennies). Failing that, try and go for 2nd-hand. With 3MegaPixel becomming the norm, you may get a good 2MP bargain.

Cheap digicams are great for starting out, but very soon you'll be wanting to move up to a better model (I've got a canon A70 and now I want a G5 or even better a digital SLR). If I was in the market with £100 to blow I'd go for a cheap 35mm Film based SLR personally.

If it's just for "web snaps" then I'm sure even the cheapest of the cheap camera's that are popping up everywhere would suffice.

If you have your heart set on one try and find an online review. There are some good sites out there, some of them will provide photo's which they have taken for you to check out.

Give me a chance to get home from work and I'll have a look at the reviews in the latest Digital Photo mag.

Get the best you can afford and with the most megapixels.

You never know when you might use it later.

Get an established brand for confidence and reliability.....

Look for deals in the shops at xmas

would highly recommend sony, mine is more than £100 but only 2.1 mpixels but the differentiating factor is the quality of the lense. Hanviong a good lense makes a massive difference and sony cameras are superb, couldn't recommend them high enough.

Cheers guys

Guess I'll have to do some leg work and find some deals, Yarisboy i'll give you a shout if I find out suitable, Im gonna strive for between 2 and 3 mage pixels, )and probably invade argos, as they have some good looking ones in there!)

Hi everyone

Just looking through my web mag and i have come across a good site to buy digital camera's directly.

http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/dig...era-price-A.htm

Fuji finepix A203 2.0 meg 3x optical zoom £149

OR

Fuji finepix A303 3.0 meg 3x optical zoom £159

Check out this site it looks quite good :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Hi everyone

Just looking through my web mag and i have come across a good site to buy digital camera's directly.

http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/dig...era-price-A.htm

Fuji finepix A203 2.0 meg 3x optical zoom £149

OR

Fuji finepix A303 3.0 meg 3x optical zoom £159

Check out this site it looks quite good :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Cheers, thats an excellent site! :thumbsup:

Anyone intersted Boots online www.boots.co.uk have a fuji finepix 2mega pixel deal on for £89.99 with free delivery looks like a good deal, anyone know about fuji cameras are they ok? Gordy maybe?

I've got a Fuji Finepix 602 which I think is superb but it was (and still is) expensive. Though it's only 3 meg, the 3rd generation Super CCD produces 6 meg images. It's an SLR style camera and the top of the Fuji range (not counting the S2 true SLR). I've had it since June 2002 and have taken more pics in the last 17 months with it than I had taken in the rest of my life (and I'm no youngster either). Of course this is just my opinion of my camera - I have no knowledge of other Fujis. If you can find the model number you would probably find a review on DpReview.com though the US model numbers sometime differ from UK ones.

fuji fine pixm603 is a quality camera ,bought mine 4weeks ago at dixons £249 includes cradle for downloads, you can buy a microdrive for it and it turns into video camera when this camera came out it was £700.

go for the best you can afford then you wont start thinking i should of got so and so, internet cameras direct are a good place to read reviews etc... :thumbsup:

Anyone intersted Boots online www.boots.co.uk have a fuji finepix 2mega pixel deal on for £89.99 with free delivery looks like a good deal, anyone know about fuji cameras are they ok? Gordy maybe?

Fuji develop their cameras with Nikon so no need to worry about quality.

Plus Fuji are the market leaders with Kodak in Film emulsion.....I use Fuji film for negatives and Kodak for slides.

Plus some of the best known pro photographers in the world use Fuji pro digital cameras for their work. :thumbsup:

So in short. NO PROBLEMS WITH WORRYING ABOUT FUJI.

They make pretty good mountains too... :D

I got a 'lil teeny weeny sony cybershot U just before billing. its 2.0 megapixls.... its a good little camera.. nice as you can carry it around without it getting in the way...

oly thing is lacks is zoom. Ipayed £149 for it with an 8 meg memnory card, 64 meg one was £29.

I'd rate it :thumbsup: looks cute too :lol: